'16 Maui Invite to include Vols

Reactions: 1 person
I hope we have a well rounded solid roster by then. If not, we might not win a game in 2016 at Maui.

Chaminade might be the only win then. They are due a win though. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like it's been awhile since they won their first game of the tournament.

Who did they beat a couple of decades ago to shock the world? Patrick Ewing/Georgetown?

Edit: even further back... Ralph Sampson and #1 Virginia.

Who did they beat a couple of decades ago to shock the world? Patrick Ewing/Georgetown?

I don't know, I'd have to look it up. That's before my time, or at least before I started watching and keeping up with sports regularly. Shoot, I was born in 1990, and I didn't even start to heavily follow UT athletics until roughly around 03/04.

I don't know, I'd have to look it up. That's before my time, or at least before I started watching and keeping up with sports regularly. Shoot, I was born in 1990, and I didn't even start to heavily follow UT athletics until roughly around 03/04.

#1 Virginia in December 1982.

Chaminade doesn't open against the weakest team. They play Kansas first game this upcoming tournament.

I guess since they have Ralph's sack in their trophy case they're hoping to pull it off again. They might even have one additional impressive scalp since 1982... I'll have to google.

Oh ****. They added Rick Barnes' sack too... in 2012.

In 2012, Chaminade defeated the University of Texas in the opening round of the invitational. Their current record in the invitational is 7-78. Texas coach Rick Barnes is on the losing end of 2 (28.6%) Chaminade's 7 invitational wins as he also lost in 1991 as the coach of Providence.

In 2012, Chaminade defeated the University of Texas in the opening round of the invitational. Their current record in the invitational is 7-78. Texas coach Rick Barnes is on the losing end of 2 (28.6%) Chaminade's 7 invitational wins as he also lost in 1991 as the coach of Providence.

Things come in 3s

VN Store

Back