Josh Richardson agrees to a 3 year deal with the Miami Heat

iKrager

BOOOOOM. Who would have thought out of all of Cuonzo's players, Josh is the one who is setup for the most success. 3 star player my ass.

Josh Richardson has taken his next step from second-round pick to a spot on the Miami Heat roster, with an agreement Tuesday on a three-year contract.

Selected at No. 40 out of Tennessee, the versatile wing turned heads during his performance in the Orlando and Las Vegas summer leagues, the only member of the Heat's summer team to appear in all 10 games.

Richardson's contract is similar to those of other productive second-round picks. The first season is guaranteed, with the next two featuring partial guarantee dates, a source familiar with the contract confirmed to the Sun Sentinel.

Miami Heat sign NBA Draft second-round pick Josh Rchardson - Sun Sentinel

Reactions: 10 people
Sounds like $2.4M of it approx is guaranteed per NBC Sports. Could not be happier for a Vol athlete than for Josh.

Just the start of a nice 10+ years long NBA career. Before his career is over, I bet Richardson will find himself on the NBA All-Defensive team multiple times. I don't think I've ever been more proud of any UT basketball player than Richardson. Coming into UT he just wasn't suppose to be a NBA level type of prospect/player by many "expert's" accounts.

His overall game has evolved tremendously, and he's only going to continue to get better. He average 11.7 ppg in 10 D-League games for the Heat, and shot 38.6 percent from 3 too. Hopefully he can keep a hot hand and continue to improve his outside shot. I just don't think he's reached his ceiling yet.

Reactions: 1 person
Being a good defender will keep him in the league a long time . He will get better though . All his hard work paid off

J Richie's tenacity and hard work pays off in cool hard $$$. Good for the VLF, shows that the NBA still has room for 4 yr seniors. His improvement year to year was awesome to watch.

VN Store

Back