Honey, I Shrunk the Vols

d0a6fae92d364b125f87e09b34cb88e1.jpg

Reactions: 13 people
Just saw this, posted it in the other thread, everyone seems to be about 2" shorter, inb4 twss

Do we think this was a typo? A strategy by the new staff? Or is this the first time ever actual measurements are being used?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 21
Just saw this, posted it in the other thread, everyone seems to be about 2" shorter, inb4 twss

Do we think this was a typo? A strategy by the new staff? Or is this the first time ever actual measurements are being used?

Well now Admiral can play PF bc he is as tall as Mcgee

do a bit of research.....
jabari is 6-5. maybe a bit taller but not even 6-6.
Punter seems a legit 6-4, every site i can find on the web has him at 6-4 with the only variation being his weight, 170-190

everyone else seems about right.

Punter seems a legit 6-4, every site i can find on the web has him at 6-4 with the only variation being his weight, 170-190

If Hubbs is 6'4" and Alexander 6'9" I'll eat my shoe

Not sure where you got your research but Jabari hasn't been 6-5 since HS.

Jabari was 6'7 as a senior in high school. Check his Maxprep page. He was 6'7.5 the last time I took him to the doctor a year ago. He may have grown a 1/2 inch since then, not shrunk lol. He's definitely NOT 6'5 or 6'6. Hasn't been that since his Jr. year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

I'm curious, where did you do your research? ESPN has him listed at 6'8, 247 Sports at 6'7, Hargrave at 6'7 and Maxprep at 6'7. His doctor listed him at 6'7.5 back in May 2014. I personally watched that measurement.

Reactions: 4 people
Is it? I would say we've legitimately got 2 6'8"-6'9" guys in McGhee & Reese, and 2 6'10"+ guys in Kasongo & Alexander, I would be curious where that stacks up.

wrong. mcghee might be 6-6 on a good day...reese is 6-7, remember that reese plays point guard for his home team.

and no Kasango and Alexander are NOT 6-10+ one is around 6-9 and the other maybe a skinny 6-10.

your rose colored glasses need cleaning.

I think both are about 2" taller than listed, same for everyone on the roster.

come to think of it i think its a left wing conspiracy...i'm thinking everyone is at least 3" taller and 30lbs heavier than listed...my guess is that they all shoot a lot better than they ever have as well. rumor has it their defense this summer in the RTL was simply smothering....can't wait to seem them levitate above the rim this year on their way to the final four.

jeez.

wrong. mcghee might be 6-6 on a good day...reese is 6-7, remember that reese plays point guard for his home team.

and no Kasango and Alexander are NOT 6-10+ one is around 6-9 and the other maybe a skinny 6-10.

your rose colored glasses need cleaning.

His own aunt said he was 6'7.5 and that she saw it with her own eyes. I think I'd believe her over an eye test or a recruiting site.

Reactions: 1 person
And regardless Jabari and Moore might be shorter for the post but they have shown us they can hold their own down low against taller post players.

His own aunt said he was 6'7.5 and that she saw it with her own eyes. I think I'd believe her over an eye test or a recruiting site.

Official website of UT says Jabari McGhee is 6ft 5 in. This did not come from eye test or recruiting site. It all seems strange to me. Everyone on team is listed as quite a bit shorter than previously thought.

VN Store

Back