JohnMcA60

6'6'
180 lbs
Orlando, Florida
West Oaks Academy

De'Riante Jenkins, West Oaks Academy, Small Forward

De'Riante Jenkins - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

De'Riante Jenkins - Yahoo! Sports

In the open court, few players in the 2016 class can match De'Riante Jenkins. The long-striding athlete is a gazelle who glides from end to end and finishes emphatically with slams or opts for the understated, using top-notch body control to weave through traffic.
He's also a fine ballhandler for a 6-6 wing. Jenkins loves to use an inside-out dribble prior to attacking the basket, frequently driving to his left. Meanwhile, despite his thin frame he projects as an excellent defender due to his quick feet and long arms. He covers a great deal of ground and thus could be dynamite operating in fullcourt pressure.
Jenkins continues to maintain an expansive recruitment but is beginning to make progress toward resolution.
"After this tournament I might cut my list down to about eight schools," Jenkins said. "It's time to cut it down."
Awaiting Image

This 6-6 wing slots naturally off the ball but legitimately can be called a combo, and he’s a very swift athlete who excels in the open floor. Going full speed Jenkins can make impressive dribble moves and soars high for slams. He also boasts excellent defensive potential for two, or perhaps even three positions at the college level. He buries some jump shots as well, though his release is slow and he'll need to speed it up.
But before he does, he'll likely attract even more offers than he already holds.
"My new interest is West Virginia, Missouri and Rutgers," Jenkins said, noting that he also remains in contact with Clemson, Tennessee, Texas, Indiana and others.
"I love Coach (Rick) Barnes," he said. "He's had 17 NBA draft picks, so that stands out. Shaka (Smart) is a cool coach and Clemson has been recruiting me the longest, so it's getting kind of hard."
Indeed, at the game I watched, Brad Brownell and Tom Crean were in the stands along with assistants from other programs on his list.
Jenkins will remain a presence in our rankings as we head toward the heavy recruiting period and high school season.
-Scout Rob Harrington
Scout College Basketball Recruiting Front Page

Attachments

• nnnnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnn.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 524
Reactions: 2 people
Indiana and Clemson will likely be the biggest competition, very good player, probably Top 50 when all is said and done.

Same position as Fulkerson???

If so many Fulkerson is a back up plan and doesn't have a commitable offer.

Same position as Fulkerson???

If so many Fulkerson is a back up plan and doesn't have a commitable offer.

From another thread...

I don't think it's an either or, but I could be wrong. I don't mean this next statement to start a riot, just how I see it...Rick Barnes isn't Donnie Tyndall in that he's got 200 offers out to kids with 3/4 being non-committable, Barnes has extended maybe 20 offers to the class of 2016, and I would bet pretty much everyone of those is committable at this point.

This class is gonna be 5-7 guys most likely, there's room for both IMO

So there is no ranking of the 20offers.....

First come first serve??

What was Admiral Schofield's ranking and offer list? I believe that as of today every offer extended is committable, if it's kept quiet and Jenkins, Blackwell, Freeman and Hunter all call next week saying they want in, maybe Barnes informs Fulkerson there's no longer room, but from what I've heard about Barnes his offers when extended are legit, and Barnes himself in person offered Fulkerson.

What was Admiral Schofield's ranking and offer list?

Not sure what the hell that has to do with that question

Is Barnes talking the first 5-7 of Those 20 offers to committ regardless of position??

If that is what you are saying is the plan I find that very very hard to believe

Not sure what the hell that has to do with that question

Is Barnes talking the first 5-7 of Those 20 offers to committ regardless of position??

If that is what you are saying is the plan I find that very very hard to believe

Read the edit, I further explained my point.

So fulkerson is a silent commit waiting for the all clear that will come from Barnes when he is sure higher recruits say no????

Lol if that's the case that is the same as a noncommitable offer IMO

You're entitled to your option as I am entitled to mine, we don't have to agree, that is perfectly fine. As we've seen with Butch numerous times he has guys sometimes pick a date 2-3 months into the future to commit, sometimes he tells kids to go ahead after a loss like it was I believe with Preston Williams, I don't for sure that's the case with Fulkerson, just as much as you don't know its not.

We will see how things play out with him, and how much more his stock continues to improve, simple as that.

Reactions: 1 person
Cut his list to 10: Tennessee, Clemson, Rutgers, Indiana, LSU, South Carolina, VCU, Georgia, Missouri and Georgia Tech.

Will play his senior season at Hargrave Military Academy in Virginia.

@JamieShaw5: 6'6 2016 De'Riante Jenkins (Hargrave) tells me he has set 3 officials

VCU Sept 3
Tennessee Sept 11
Clemson Oct 3 http://t.co/2LDK8kdneV"

I believe all 5 rumored visitors for OK weekend have publicly confirmed, Bone/Jenkins/Okogie/Williams/Fulkerson

@JamieShaw5: 6'6 2016 De'Riante Jenkins (Hargrave) tells me he has set 3 officials

VCU Sept 3
Tennessee Sept 11
Clemson Oct 3 http://t.co/2LDK8kdneV"

I believe all 5 rumored visitors for OK weekend have publicly confirmed, Bone/Jenkins/Okogie/Williams/Fulkerson
Wow... If thats our competition, then we SHOULD be able to pull him. What does Will Wade's VCU have over Tennessee? Who even coaches Clemson basketball (that's kind of a joke). Imagine if we pulled 4 of those 5 guys. That's 4 top 150 players (not Williams), better than any class we've signed since Pearl.

The CP3 squad has Jordan Bone, Josh Okogie, and Grant Williams, right? Imagine having all 3 on our team, throw in the Jenkins commit, and BOOM thats a great class with all positions except Center filled.

What worries me is Fulkerson, Okogie, and Jenkins are all known to be some sort of SF-type player (from SG to SF to PF). Wouldn't that be a clash of interests?

Wow... If thats our competition, then we SHOULD be able to pull him. What does Will Wade's VCU have over Tennessee? Who even coaches Clemson basketball (that's kind of a joke).

It's 3 visits set, he could still add 2, I think Indiana is likely to get 1, but that's just my opinion. Clemson isn't a power, but they're the homeschool and have been on him the longest, and have made him a priority a long time ago.

Imagine if we pulled 4 of those 5 guys. That's 4 top 150 players (not Williams), better than any class we've signed since Pearl.

The CP3 squad has Jordan Bone, Josh Okogie, and Grant Williams, right? Imagine having all 3 on our team, throw in the Jenkins commit, and BOOM thats a great class with all positions except Center filled.

Bone played for Team Thad, not CP3. Okogie and Williams played on CP3 though.

What worries me is Fulkerson, Okogie, and Jenkins are all known to be some sort of SF-type player (from SG to SF to PF). Wouldn't that be a clash of interests?

Bone is a PG, Jenkins a SG/SF, Okogie a SG/SF, Williams a SF/PF and Fulkerson a PF/C....so no, I don't really see a clash except for possibly Okogie and Jenkins, but we lose a lot on the wing after this year.

Bone is a PG, Jenkins a SG/SF, Okogie a SG/SF, Williams a SF/PF and Fulkerson a PF/C....so no, I don't really see a clash except for possibly Okogie and Jenkins, but we lose a lot on the wing after this year.
How is Fulkerson a PF/C? From what I've gathered, Fulkerson has a SF/PF type skillset that also happens to be 6'8. I hadn't seen anyone mention him as a possible center.

You can throw Blackwell in the mix for SF/PF combo as well. This has been one of my concerns as well. I felt Okogie and Jenkins were really SG/SF types and Blackwell, Fulkerson and Williams were more SF/PF guys.

If Williams and Fulkerson are takes after the visit, do we back off Blackwell or do we slow play others and wait for him. There are just a lot of overlapping positions we are recruiting and it will be interesting who comes out as real priorities in the end.

How is Fulkerson a PF/C? From what I've gathered, Fulkerson has a SF/PF type skillset that also happens to be 6'8. I hadn't seen anyone mention him as a possible center.

He's closer to a center than a small forward, that's for sure. Watch his highlights, where he excels is rebounding and blocking shots, offensively his handle isn't great and he lacks a jump shot, his offense comes mostly from dunks, lay ups and hook shots/floaters.

Also, he's 6'9" 195lbs, his weight wouldn't be a glaring issue for the college game if he was playing small forward, he needs to add bulk and size because he's best suited to play in the post at the next level.

You can throw Blackwell in the mix for SF/PF combo as well. This has been one of my concerns as well. I felt Okogie and Jenkins were really SG/SF types and Blackwell, Fulkerson and Williams were more SF/PF guys.

If Williams and Fulkerson are takes after the visit, do we back off Blackwell or do we slow play others and wait for him. There are just a lot of overlapping positions we are recruiting and it will be interesting who comes out as real priorities in the end.

PG: Jordan Bone
SG/SF: Josh Okogie/De'Riante Jenkins
SF/PF: Braxton Blackwell/Jordan Bruner
*SF/PF/C: Grant Williams*
PF/C: John Fulkerson
C: Bruno Fernando

I don't see much overlap, Bone/Okogie/Jenkins/Williams/Fulkerson are all visiting the same weekend, I think this staff is very high on all of them. The only commitment I question if they might try to slow play of that group is Okogie, in hopes of getting an answer first from say Jenkins or Blackwell.

**its hard to know what to list Williams as, and many scouts say that about him, he doesn't exactly have a position he's just a basketball player. He can slim down and improve his handles and be a 3/4, or he can shape up a little, get stronger, and be an undersized 4/5 that can handle the ball a la Jeronne Maymon.

PG: Jordan Bone
SG/SF: Josh Okogie/De'Riante Jenkins
SF/PF: Braxton Blackwell/Jordan Bruner
*SF/PF/C: Grant Williams*
PF/C: John Fulkerson
C: Bruno Fernando

I don't see much overlap, Bone/Okogie/Jenkins/Williams/Fulkerson are all visiting the same weekend, I think this staff is very high on all of them. The only commitment I question if they might try to slow play of that group is Okogie, in hopes of getting an answer first from say Jenkins or Blackwell.

**its hard to know what to list Williams as, and many scouts say that about him, he doesn't exactly have a position he's just a basketball player. He can slim down and improve his handles and be a 3/4, or he can shape up a little, get stronger, and be an undersized 4/5 that can handle the ball a la Jeronne Maymon.
Grant Williams sounds a lot like Admiral Schofield.

He's closer to a center than a small forward, that's for sure. Watch his highlights, where he excels is rebounding and blocking shots, offensively his handle isn't great and he lacks a jump shot, his offense comes mostly from dunks, lay ups and hook shots/floaters.

Also, he's 6'9" 195lbs, his weight wouldn't be a glaring issue for the college game if he was playing small forward, he needs to add bulk and size because he's best suited to play in the post at the next level.

That talk about center surprises me, too. I could see stretch 4, but not a low block guy, at least not in a Power 5 league.

VN Store

Back