Interesting Article on Tobias

So whats your take on all of that?

Hoping by your, you meant the board. Haha cause I'm gonna give my 2 cents.

The article mentions, several times, his lack of making the assist as if thats all that's keeping him from being an all star. But their have been lots of all stars(on poor teams), who for a lake of a better term liked to jack it up, that have gotten paid that weren't questioned whether they were worth the money or not.

My take on the article is that nobody knows 100 how good or bad a player putting up good numbers on a bad team will be until he's put with a coach that demands effort and team first(aka coach Pop or coach Thib) or a group of proven winners.(aka the Celtic group put together recently or the Heat squad).

Plus he was trying to get paid. And numbers stick out. I won't accuse the guy of having a ticker problem till he put in a position to be accountable for it. And I don't think he has been so far.

Reactions: 1 person
Hoping by your, you meant the board. Haha cause I'm gonna give my 2 cents.

The article mentions, several times, his lack of making the assist as if thats all that's keeping him from being an all star. But their have been lots of all stars(on poor teams), who for a lake of a better term liked to jack it up, that have gotten paid that weren't questioned whether they were worth the money or not.

My take on the article is that nobody knows 100 how good or bad a player putting up good numbers on a bad team will be until he's put with a coach that demands effort and team first(aka coach Pop or coach Thib) or a group of proven winners.(aka the Celtic group put together recently or the Heat squad).

Plus he was trying to get paid. And numbers stick out. I won't accuse the guy of having a ticker problem till he put in a position to be accountable for it. And I don't think he has been so far.
We'll my question was directly for the OP, but your's and anybody else's opinion is just as good too.

So whats your take on all of that?

My take is something that's been noted before. He's the 2nd best under 25 player at his position (Anthony davis #1.) He needs to be more consistent on defense but otherwise he could easily be the 2nd best player on a playoff team as he is right now.

The passing will come with age and playing with a team consistently (and good coaching will help enormously) and his offensive game will only continue to get better. Regardless he's a good 4 years from the start of his prime, so it's untelling just how good he can be. If his offensive game gets even better, it could just be so elite that defense doesn't even matter.

My take is something that's been noted before. He's the 2nd best under 25 player at his position (Anthony davis #1.) He needs to be more consistent on defense but otherwise he could easily be the 2nd best player on a playoff team as he is right now.

The passing will come with age and playing with a team consistently (and good coaching will help enormously) and his offensive game will only continue to get better. Regardless he's a good 4 years from the start of his prime, so it's untelling just how good he can be. If his offensive game gets even better, it could just be so elite that defense doesn't even matter.

Defense always matters. I'd say Towns is better, and if you offered the Bucks Harris for Jabari Parker you'd get a quick no.

Last edited:
Defense always matters. I'd say Towns is better, and if you offered the Bucks Harris for Jabari Parker you'd get a quick no.

Defense is great, sure. But if you told me I can have a 10/10 scorer who is a 7 defender or a guy who is an 8 in both it's not a question. The NBA is so reliant on helpside defenders and team defense that one person being bad can easily be masked (see, Nash, Curry up until recently, etc.)

Also, there is no way you rank a person who hasn't even touched an NBA floor over someone who has played 4 years, just signed a max contract while averaging 17/6/2, and still isn't 25.

Up until this contract, Tobias was easily one of the 5 or 10 best prices for a team for his play in the NBA.

You are right about Harris for Jabari straight up though. But whether a team would trade a player for another doesn't really say their value. After all, Tobias has always been good, and nobody on the Bucks seemed to think so after drafting him. Different fits make some players shine far more than others. I think Jabari will do far better on the Bucks than Tobias would, but I think Tobias would do far better on more teams than Parker right now. In two years, who knows. Parker may have the most upside of anyone in the league not named Anthony Davis.

Last edited:
Tobias has been added to the USA Basketball training camp roster. Good luck to him.

VN Store

Back