Scout: Inside The Peach Jam Day 2 (Free Read)

SJAVol32

Tennessee Volunteers Football, Basketball, and Recruiting Front Page

"NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. — Chris Paul was on hand Thursday to witness Team CP3's convincing opening round win of the Peach Jam. On Friday, Tennessee head coach Rick Barnes and assistant Rob Lanier took in the early Team CP3 action to watch the Vol prospects playing.
Josh Okogie, a class of 2016 three-star wing who plays for Team CP3, received an offer from Tennessee Thursday. Teammate Grant Williams, a rising senior center and teammate of Okogie, said he snagged an offer when Barnes first took over in Knoxville. Together, they make up a commendable complement to Scout's No. 1-ranked overall player, Harry Giles, and the rest of his talented CP3 team as they vie for a Peach Jam championship.

Okogie finished CP3's early-game loss to Team Final with 11 points, four steals, three assists and two rebounds. Williams ended the game with nine points, three blocks and two rebounds. Click the video below for a quick hit on the two prospects' outing today as InsideTennessee continues its exclusive coverage of the 2015 Peach Jam.

Reactions: 3 people
Glad we are there. We are looking at a couple of good players. I hope we aim higher than that caliber for 2017 though.

?

What's wrong with guys like Tony Bradley and Brandon Robinson?

Ktown has been complaining about recruiting with every coach. I wouldnt worry too much about it.

Those would be great pickups and I think Barnes is going after some good to great players. I just want to see us at least go for some top 20 talent though. Alabama and Aub are on on several 5 star top 20 type players. I do think CRB is going after some really good players. I just want to shoot for the very top.

Those would be great pickups and I think Barnes is going after some good to great players. I just want to see us at least go for some top 20 talent though. Alabama and Aub are on on several 5 star top 20 type players. I do think CRB is going after some really good players. I just want to shoot for the very top.
That's respectable. With Barnes' track record, he should be on some elite prospects' radar, or you would think. He did obtain Myles Turner in last year's class (no. 9 recruit).

As it has been said, getting good players was never Barnes' problem.
Hoping changes in his staff and years of experience make the difference this go round.

That's respectable. With Barnes' track record, he should be on some elite prospects' radar, or you would think. He did obtain Myles Turner in last year's class (no. 9 recruit).

He has gotten them in the past. I haven't seen him mentioned when those type players for 16 have come up. I want to go after them. He is doing great though.

VN Store

Back