RB pleased with inherited freshmen

Sounds like Rick considers both Shembari and Admiral players he would have recruited. That says a lot and is good news for the Vols this season.

Reactions: 3 people
Of course he says that. I do think Phillips will do well, I'm excited to see him play.

Sounds like Rick considers both Shembari and Admiral players he would have recruited. That says a lot and is good news for the Vols this season.

Reading between the lines, it sounds like you hope Phillips and Schofield each average 30 ppg, but CRB goes 0-32.

Reactions: 5 people
Reading between the lines, it sounds like you hope Phillips and Schofield each average 30 ppg, but CRB goes 0-32.
Actually, I would like to see them go 31-1, losing to my alma mater, ETSU. Be great for the Bucs' program and Tennessee would be #1. State will be super tough with Steve Forbes at the helm and their 7', 230# dude from the Sudan. They also landed this transfer who has to sit out this year, "Played the last three seasons in the Big 10 Conference at Indiana University and will be required by NCAA rules to sit out the 2015-16 season ... will be eligible for his senior season in 2016-17 ... during his junior year at IU, he played 19.5 minutes per game, averaging 6.5 points and 2.7 rebounds to go with a team-high 33 blocks for the Hoosiers, 6'10", 225#."

Actually, I would like to see them go 31-1, losing to my alma mater, ETSU. Be great for the Bucs' program and Tennessee would be #1. State will be super tough with Steve Forbes at the helm and their 7', 230# dude from the Sudan. They also landed this transfer who has to sit out this year, "Played the last three seasons in the Big 10 Conference at Indiana University and will be required by NCAA rules to sit out the 2015-16 season ... will be eligible for his senior season in 2016-17 ... during his junior year at IU, he played 19.5 minutes per game, averaging 6.5 points and 2.7 rebounds to go with a team-high 33 blocks for the Hoosiers, 6'10", 225#."

You went to college???

Reactions: 5 people
You went to college???
Retired chemist, retired drill sergeant, actually coached my son in basketball through 7th grade. Played 3 years in high school myself. Been married 47 years, 3 kids, 4 grandkids, 1 5 year old great grandson. Anything else you'd like to know?

Reactions: 4 people
Retired chemist, retired drill sergeant, actually coached my son in basketball through 7th grade. Played 3 years in high school myself. Been married 47 years, 3 kids, 4 grandkids, 1 5 year old great grandson. Anything else you'd like to know?

You were in the army???

Reactions: 1 person

I thought you worked at Bass pro

“We’re really excited about ‘em,” Barnes said. “Those two guys, …I don’t think we could be more pleased with ‘em. I don’t know if we’d have been any more pleased if we’d been here for four years and were able to sign those guys earlier. We’re excited about those guys.”
Tennessee Vols' Rick Barnes pleased with inherited newcomers
Back to the op. Still looks like they are learning from the work effort of the vets and will come off the bench. IMO, Reese will not be out worked either.

Reese is at 240. He will school Kasongo especially on the offensive side which we desperately need at the 5. You can't give up that scoring threat and win many games.

Kasongo, defensively, would eat Derek Reese alive in the paint. Derek Reese might be putting on weight, but the last time we saw him, he had very little in the way of offensive post moves, and continued to fancy himself a perimeter player.

So, IMO, you are projecting what you hope will happen based on nothing more than some added weight.

Reese is at 240. He will school Kasongo especially on the offensive side which we desperately need at the 5. You can't give up that scoring threat and win many games.

Kasongo is 250lbs, your point?

WCM was about the least breathing offensive post player to participate in a SEC basketball game last year, and at 6'8" 210lbs and a freshman he beat out Derek Reese, but a sophomore at 6'10" 250lbs with more of an offensive game and better defensive game won't?

Can I get some action on this?

Freshman WCM out worked him apparently
I've supported Reese for his entire career.
Don't know what team you watched last season, but if you're thinking Moore at point and Reese at 5 you couldn't have been watching this one.
Reese has zero post game. RayK would eat him alive.

Kasongo is 250lbs, your point?

WCM was about the least breathing offensive post player to participate in a SEC basketball game last year, and at 6'8" 210lbs and a freshman he beat out Derek Reese, but a sophomore at 6'10" 250lbs with more of an offensive game and better defensive game won't?

Can I get some action on this?
He didn't beat out Derek Reese. Reese became the 6th man off the bench to provide "energy" to the team (DT quote), and Reese also averaged more minutes than Carmichael. I believe you were the one who was hyping up Carmichael to no end.

He didn't beat out Derek Reese. Reese became the 6th man off the bench to provide "energy" to the team (DT quote), and Reese also averaged more minutes than Carmichael. I believe you were the one who was hyping up Carmichael to no end.

WCM was the starter, spin it how you want, a lot of Reese's minutes were because of WCM's inability to stay out of FT. You are sounding like SD with your refusal to understand coach speak though lol

Reactions: 3 people

He was actually.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back