Official NBA Vols Thread

Chris4Vols22

GBO or GTFO
Since we have five or six Vols likely to get minutes this season, I thought it'd be fun to keep up with all the happenings!

Current Players
CJ Watson - Orlando Magic
Tobias Harris - Orlando Magic
Jarnell Stokes - Memphis Grizzlies
Jordan McRae - Philadelphia 76ers*
Josh Richardson - Miami Heat*

Scotty Hopson - Sioux Falls Skyforce (D-League)

*Currently not signed to NBA team

I'm excited to see if McRae and Richardson can get contracts before the season starts. Also keep an eye out for Hopson.

NBA General Managers
Ernie Grunfeld - Washington Wizards
Allan Houston - New York Knicks

Last edited:
I think Richardson will average the second most minutes out of the 5 players on that list. Tobias obviously being first.

Solid idea for a thread, Chris.

Since we have five Vols likely to get minutes this season, I thought it'd be fun to keep up with all the happenings!

CJ Watson - Indianapolis Pacers (I think)
Tobias Harris - Orlando Magic
Jarnell Stokes - Memphis Grizzlies
Jordan McRae - Philadelphia 76ers*
Josh Richardson - Miami Heat*

*Currently not signed to NBA team

I'm excited to see if McRae and Richardson can get contracts before the season starts. Also keep an eye out for Hopson.

Also, Ernie Grunfeld is the Washington Wizards' GM.

C.J. Watson currently finalizing deal with Orlando Magic

Josh Richardson is the ultimate representative for the University of Tennessee in the NBA. What a great person who showed what a ton of desire and effort will get you! It is nice that our returning players from last year were witness to that. I am sure they will all try to emulate him.

That combined with Riley saying they had him 24th on their board tells me he's gonna get a lot of PT.

I agree. If it plays out like that, that's so awesome. Tbh, I wasn't sure if he'd even get drafted, let alone in the top half of the 2nd round.

He's off to a shaky start to the summer league. Middle of 3rd quarter Miami vs. Indianapolis - 7 mins, 0-3 fg, 1 rebound.

Jordan McRae was asked Friday where he expects to play in the fall.

The swingman knows the 76ers could stash him overseas for the second consecutive season. But they could also put him on their 15-man NBA roster.

"I would say I would be here," McRae said after the Sixers' morning summer league minicamp session. "Me just being here with the guys in the summer, and the relationships with the coaches and players and stuff, I think it will help me out a lot."

McRae was scheduled only to play for the Sixers in the NBA Summer League from July 10-20 in Las Vegas. But with a spot available, he was informed Wednesday night that he would also be playing in the Utah Jazz Summer League, which runs from Monday through Thursday in Salt Lake City.

Due to travel scheduling conflicts, he missed Thursday morning's first minicamp practice. However, he participated in Thursday's evening workout. And he made a name for himself, breaking one of the backboards on a dunk before a recent practice. "I'm the modern-day Darryl Dawkins, now," said the 6-foot-6, 185-pounder. "I might be the skinniest guy to ever break the backboard."
He averaged 21 points, 2.5 rebounds and 1.0 assists in the 2014 NBA Summer League. But he signed with Melbourne United of the Australian National Basketball League while the Sixers retained his rights. McRae averaged 19.9 points in 27 games in Australia. After the season, he averaged 18.4 points for the Delaware 87ers, the Sixers NBA Development League affiliate.

"I practiced at the point a lot this summer," McRae said. "And I'm playing some point here. It's known that I can score. But I think me being a playmaker - a lot of people don't know that. And I think I'm a lot better [this year] on defense."

Sixers' McRae says he belongs in the NBA

Not sure what the future holds for Jarnell in Memphis now that the Griz have signed Martin.

I know what you mean. TIFWIW, Vecenie at CBSSports is saying Stokes falls under "Players who will absolutely be on the Grizzlies in 2015-16."

Jarnell Stokes

Position: Power Forward
2014-15 team: Grizzlies
Odds he's on team for 2015-16: 100 percent

Analysis: Also on a guaranteed deal, Stokes will be around next year for the Grizz. He's the kind of hard-nosed, physical player they have prioritized in the past. The key will be developing a face-up game to go with his physical nature inside. If he does that, he's such a fighter that I think he'll carve out a nice career.

Grizzlies Summer League Preview: Adams, Smith, Stokes headline - CBSSports.com

Rich had a nice game. Still waiting on totals, but around the middle of the 4th he had like 14 pts, 5boards, a block and a couple of steals. He also had a buzzer beater to end the 3rd.

Rich had a nice game. Still waiting on totals, but around the middle of the 4th he had like 14 pts, 5boards, a block and a couple of steals. He also had a buzzer beater to end the 3rd.

Yeah....decent.....wonder how he did defending? I bet he is signed but gets sent to the D League for a Ye or two.

Yeah....decent.....wonder how he did defending? I bet he is signed but gets sent to the D League for a Ye or two.

I watched most of the 2nd half, and his man didn't score. He also jumped the basins on held defense and you could heard his bench giving props

JRich - 22 mins
14 points (2-6 FG)(1-2 3PT)(9-9 FT)
3 rebounds
0 assists
2 steals
2 blocks
1 turnover

Miami 92
Indianapolis 76

Stokes had 16 points, seven rebounds and two assists in his first summer league game.

It looked like JRICH struggled pretty bad today....Did anyone watch the game?

VN Store

Back