Reese up 20 pounds

Fingers

May have been discussed. Reece is up 20 pounds and hopes to get to 240.

"I feel stronger, a lot quicker," he said. "People say I look quicker, bigger. I don't feel heavy. I think my body fat is still under 10 (percent). It's 6.7 (percent), I think. Somewhere around there. So, it's still good. I've been very focused on what I've been eating, just trying to stay in the best shape I can."

Vols forward Derek Reese packing on the pounds - GoVolsXtra Story

Reactions: 2 people
Ironically, I have also gained 20 lbs. I'm def ready for next season now!!

Kasongo. Not sure if you do this on purpose or not but you spell his last name Kasonga every time.

Don't see it myself.
Barnes leans toward rim protection. Reese may play some 4 but Jabari and Ray K would both fit Barnes itinerary for protecting the paint.

Don't see it myself.
Barnes leans toward rim protection. Reese may play some 4 but Jabari and Ray K would both fit Barnes itinerary for protecting the paint.

I think you meant to quote SD, but I agree. Barnes has typically preferred size and strength in the post. Reese and Moore will split time at the 4, and McGhee may see some minutes there too. Kasongo/McGhee at the 5 IMO with Alexander mixed in perhaps if he doesn't RS.

I think Alexander could eventually develop into a Garnett-type (not talent) at the PF position. Tall, lanky, bouncy shot blocker and rebounder in the paint with the ability to step out 15' and shoot.

If that is the case, wouldn't he play Reese weighing 20-25 pounds more than McGhee at the 5?

If that is the case, wouldn't he play Reese weighing 20-25 pounds more than McGhee at the 5?

If Reese truly is up to 235 or 240 lbs, then it's possible he could see time there, but he has to commit himself to being a post player at the 5. He is too often found floating out to the perimeter where he fancies himself a SG.

I'm just not sure I buy the weight gains being throw around. Kyle Alexander said himself in an interview that he was at about 205, and 11 days later, VQ via UT (I assume) is reporting that he is up to 225 pounds. I just don't buy a 20 lb jump in good, healthy, muscle weight in 11 days.

To to remember Derek's last name, just think of Reese's but without the "ese's" part. Lol

I hope Reese is working on more than just gaining weight. I just hope he's working on being more comfortable with the ball in the paint, last year there were multiple times he would drive it in but shy away from bigger men. I guess thats why he's put on the weight, to battle the Damian Jones of the SEC.

To to remember Derek's last name, just think of Reese's but without the "ese's" part. Lol

I hope Reese is working on more than just gaining weight. I just hope he's working on being more comfortable with the ball in the paint, last year there were multiple times he would drive it in but shy away from bigger men. I guess thats why he's put on the weight, to battle the Damian Jones of the SEC.

I can't wait to see McGhee and Kasongo shut down Damian Jones!

Reactions: 1 person
That's a good first step, the next is not making every fan in orange nervous for a turnover or jacking up a three that gets nothing but backboard.

If Reese truly is up to 235 or 240 lbs, then it's possible he could see time there, but he has to commit himself to being a post player at the 5. He is too often found floating out to the perimeter where he fancies himself a SG.
Confirmation and scoring from the five.

VN Store

Back