Sixth man?

Dallasbowlin

Everything woke turns to sh*t
Just wondering who yall think will be our 6th man this year? I was thinking shembari.

Mostella hopefully. We definitely could use a scoring surge coming off the bench. Baulkman would be my other candidate.

Reactions: 1 person
Something like 7 with experience returning plus 5 new comers that could earn PT. I don't think that there will be the same 5 starters and the same 6th first off of the bench in consecutive games.

To me the question, assuming no injuries, is which 9 or 10 will be getting the minutes and which 2 or 3 do not.

I think a better question is who will be in the starting 5. It will be interesting to watch barnes blend his newcomers with the players that were already here.

I think a better question is who will be in the starting 5. It will be interesting to watch barnes blend his newcomers with the players that were already here.
Know you guys are interested in this. :) Here is the way I see the lineup as of 6-28 using the roster showing on UT Sports. On my scale, experience weighs heavily.

Armani will start at the point. Punter will start at the two. Hubbs will start at the 3. McGhee will start at the four. Either Reese or Kasonga will start at the 5. Don't know which, that will be a battle. Early on, there will not be a designated sixth man. It will depend on what is happening in the game. Off the bench,it will be Baughman, Mostella, and Phillips. That sixth man role will have to be earned by performance.

Since Turner is not yet showing on the roster, he is not in the mix. Unless he is the real deal, he won't crack that nine for a while once he does arrive. Too far behind to include conditioning.
That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. :)

Last edited:
Armani at point is SD's new obsession now that Lopez has hit the bricks.

Can't wait to read that opinion restated 5,000 times over the next year.

Reactions: 5 people
Unless they sign BL. It's up to him. Don't need to go there. Need to worry about what is going on as we speak. As BTO's post said, Armani is the odds on favorite to run the point. At the moment you guys need to accept the fact that Armani is likely to start at point guard whether you like it or not. There in no Turner in the house and I doubt if he could take it away from Moore if he was. The longer he waits to show up, the less likely that would ever happen. Seems like that some of you guys have just as much objection to Armani running the point as you did BL. JMO. :good!:

They have objection because the last time we saw Armani he couldn't dribble the ball without it going off his foot, hopefully he's improved, but I will almost guarantee he will not start at the point.

Reactions: 2 people

Further evidence of a troll. Pick a stance that he knows is absurd just to cause friction.

Lopez starting
Supporting Tyndall
Armani starting at point.

Reactions: 3 people
Just because Josh had success at the point does not mean that Armani will do the same this year. I don't believe his ball handling skills are good enough unless he improves them dramatically over the off season. Besides that, we need his through the roof physical leaps to clean the boards and his put backs. Need him down low.

(1) There in no Turner in the house and I doubt if he could take it away from Moore if he was. The longer he waits to show up, the less likely that would ever happen. (2) Seems like that some of you guys have just as much objection to Armani running the point as you did BL. JMO. :good!:

I know better than to jump in this pond, but....

(1) Turner isn't in the house because the plan was for him to start school the in the second summer session. That hasn't started yet. FYI, on one of the other boards, someone who knows how to check, found Turner's name in the student directory as a registered student for second session.

(2) The objection is the same for both guys, neither seems to be good enough to start at PG in the SEC. Probably great guys, and appreciative of their efforts. Nothing personal, just business. Big difference is that Armani definitely can contribute as a small 4. Brandon was just challenged athletically at the D1 level.

Anybody else brave enough to throw out their version of the five starters and four off the bench that the gentleman asked for? Just opinions. Nothing to argue about there.

Anybody else brave enough to throw out their version of the five starters and four off the bench that the gentleman asked for? Just opinions. Nothing to argue about there.

SD, as a military guy, you know that takes zero bravery.

But, to your request,

1 - Turner
2 - Punter
3 - Hubbs
4 - Moore
5 - Kasongo

First off the bench? I'd say Phillips backs up at point. I think Punter, Baulkman, and Hubbs are interchangeable at the 2 & 3 spots and Mostella gets run as a backup 2. You could see Moore get some minutes at the 3 if the other team has a big 3 guy. McGhee and Reese get backup minutes at both 4 and 5, depending on how much time Alexander is ready to handle.

The eight who get most minutes - Moore, Punter, Hubbs, Kasongo, Turner, McGhee, Baulkman & Reese. Mostella and Alexander have the talent to take minutes from those guys if they develop quickly.

Unless they sign BL. It's up to him. Don't need to go there. Need to worry about what is going on as we speak. As BTO's post said, Armani is the odds on favorite to run the point. At the moment you guys need to accept the fact that Armani is likely to start at point guard whether you like it or not. There in no Turner in the house and I doubt if he could take it away from Moore if he was. The longer he waits to show up, the less likely that would ever happen. Seems like that some of you guys have just as much objection to Armani running the point as you did BL. JMO. :good!:

If Turner can't wrestle away the PG position the minute he walks on campus from a player as unqualified to run it as Armani Moore, then he has no business playing at Tennessee or any other Power 5 school.

Many afraid to say this early. Could come back to bite one. Example is those who say Turner Will start. A good coach would not lower team morale by starting someone who walked in off the street and hasn't put the WORK in all summer like the rest. The returning players have been working since last year. You don't bench them.

Many afraid to say this early. Could come back to bite one. Example is those who say Turner Will start. A good coach would not lower team morale by starting someone who walked in off the street and hasn't put the WORK in all summer like the rest. The returning players have been working since last year. You don't bench them.

Because Turner has been sitting on the couch and playing xbox all day. Was that brave? I wasn't even afraid...

I'm thinking Kasongo and Alexander will split time at the five. McGhee will play a lot at the four. Reese is up to 232 pounds and 7 percent body fat so he may be able to bang inside more this season. First off the bench I'll go with Alexander at the five.

I'm thinking Kasongo and Alexander will split time at the five. McGhee will play a lot at the four. Reese is up to 232 pounds and 7 percent body fat so he may be able to bang inside more this season. First off the bench I'll go with Alexander at the five.
If Reese is 232, he Will start at the 5.

You say some of the dumbest stuff.

VN Store

Back