Why do people want to move Moore from the 4?

buriat

It seems some of the conversation has been about Armani at one of the wings and now he is even being mentioned at the point. It seems to me he played at his best position last year.

He looks like a linebacker now and is a mismatch for bigs when we are on offense. Last year he was trying to defend with little to no weak side help. This year we should have the Canadians at the 5 who are both shot blockers. Besides Bradshaw defended a full season at the 4 and he is not as big or strong as Armani.

I don't see anyone else that is better than him there as a full time starter. Sure he could play some at the wing if we wanted to go big but our best lineup would have him on the court as a 4.

Guy had several games where he had 10+ rebounds... Yet now they want to move him to the 1... Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Reactions: 1 person
For those of you who think Lamonte will fill the role, who by the way is not even on the roster yet, these are Armani's thoughts from the article, "Trying to play point guard in the SEC as a freshman, that would be hard for pretty much anybody...". Does anybody remember Darius Thompson? It is entirely possible Armani has to move from the wing just like Josh.

By people, you mean Rucker?
Come September it will be a forgotten story.
Now if Turner doesn't show up next month, you'll see some scrambling.

It seems some of the conversation has been about Armani at one of the wings and now he is even being mentioned at the point. It seems to me he played at his best position last year.

He looks like a linebacker now and is a mismatch for bigs when we are on offense. Last year he was trying to defend with little to no weak side help. This year we should have the Canadians at the 5 who are both shot blockers. Besides Bradshaw defended a full season at the 4 and he is not as big or strong as Armani.

I don't see anyone else that is better than him there as a full time starter. Sure he could play some at the wing if we wanted to go big but our best lineup would have him on the court as a 4.
i agree he is a mismatch for some bigs but needs not to miss so many layups due to being too strong.

Moore will be most effective as a three. He needs to shoot out to 18 more consistently. Barnes doesn't like undersized post and neither do I.

In the article linked in "Moore to the point!", while discussing his playing the point in summer drills, this is his quote, "I think Coach Barnes sees something more in my tank that I can give, and I think if I keep working hard, then I can show everybody else, too."

In the article linked in "Moore to the point!", while discussing his playing the point in summer drills, this is his quote, "I think Coach Barnes sees something more in my tank that I can give, and I think if I keep working hard, then I can show everybody else, too."

And where does that say...."Coach Barnes wants Armani Moore to play point guard"?

And where does that say...."Coach Barnes wants Armani Moore to play point guard"?
The fact that it is even a possibility is what is alarming. If as someone said he is showing as much on the point as anyone else we have, then we could certainly use BL despite your misgivings. Someone may be begging him to play, you never know. Unfortunately, he may have decided it wasn't worth it with the lack of respect.

The fact that it is even a possibility is what is alarming. If as someone said he is showing as much on the point as anyone else we have, then we could certainly use BL despite your misgivings. Someone may be begging him to play, you never know. Unfortunately, he may have decided it wasn't worth it with the lack of respect.

Backtracking at its finest.

LOL I think Moore to the Point mean that he is making a direct point and not beating around the bush. But as some would suggest just to prove their point they would want others to believe it was the PG position So that they could clamor like a kid. It is simply a twist of words. LOL....

IOW to the point not at the point.

BTW, DB was that a link to a malicious sight. Shame Shame if intentional.

Last edited:
LOL I think Moore to the Point mean that he is making a direct point and not beating around the bush. But as some would suggest just to prove their point they would want others to believe it was the PG position So that they could clamor like a kid. It is simply a twist of words. LOL....

IOW to the point not at the point.

BTW, DB was that a link to a malicious sight. Shame Shame if intentional.

Crap my bad, a friend sent it to me and I had no idea, it just told me a joke, I don't think it's a virus, my phone is running fine. Mods please delete.

It's what has to happen to practice SD? When Turner gets here Moore will be the 3rd option at PG, this practice could be a good thing for him, he needed the ball handling work.

Crap my bad, a friend sent it to me and I had no idea, it just told me a joke, I don't think it's a virus, my phone is running fine. Mods please delete.

no problem, Kaspersky caught it. Smack your friend upside the head for me.

VN Store

Back