Mostella was gonna transfer if Tyndall stayed

bleedingTNorange

Good read here, said like some of his teammates they wanted to wait and see who the new coach was, didn't want a great hire to be made and they had already made up their mind to leave...

@wesrucker247: Former top-50 prospect Detrick Mostella told @GoVols247 he's happy he stuck with #Vols hoops: Detrick Mostella happy he stuck with Tennessee Vols basketball http://t.co/nKHXe0nkOB

“I didn’t want to leave and then have them hire a great coach and then know I made a mistake, you know?

“Rick Barnes is gonna come in here and change this whole organization and make us better, and we’re gonna play with a good style

Reactions: 4 people
Might want to edit the title there, never said he was gonna leave if Tyndall stayed. Not to start an argument, but he said "glad I stuck around to see who they'd hire." So he was going to leave AFTER Tyndall was fired.

Reactions: 12 people
Might want to edit the title there, never said he was gonna leave if Tyndall stayed. Not to start an argument, but he said "glad I stuck around to see who they'd hire." So he was going to leave AFTER Tyndall was fired.

He was gone if Tyndall stayed, hiring a quality coach saved Mostella

Reactions: 1 person

Point...DB. :)

Reactions: 5 people
Mostella would have seen more playing time if he had put as much effort into his defensive play as he did his offensive game. If he thinks he can continue to slack on the defensive end and get major minutes under Barnes, he is in for a rude awaking.

Reactions: 3 people

Nowhere in the article does it say that. All it says is he didn't want to leave until he knew who was going to replace Tyndall. There was nothing indicating he was going to leave before Tyndall was fired.

Reactions: 11 people

Some of you guys know that I was a huge Tyndall supporter and talk with Tyndall and Pinkins and still do, but that was the word that Mostella was looking at transferring out if Tyndall was still going to be coach next year.

Nowhere in the article does it say that. All it says is he didn't want to leave until he knew who was going to replace Tyndall. There was nothing indicating he was going to leave before Tyndall was fired.

I didn't say it was in that article, I'm putting in what I was told, it was pretty widely known around the program Mostella and Tyndall were butting heads.

Some of you guys know that I was a huge Tyndall supporter and talk with Tyndall and Pinkins and still do, but that was the word that Mostella was looking at transferring out if Tyndall was still going to be coach next year.

Correct. I didn't mean it as a negative, that's just what was going down, they didn't see eye to eye and Mostella was not grasping that matchup zone. Bringing in a guy who has helped many undersized guards succeed definitely gave Mostella a new outlook.

Agreed, he never inferred he was going to leave anyway. He talks about hitting the freshmen wall, but doesn't even bring up Tyndall.

Why? This article says absolutely NOTHING about Mostella leaving if Coach T was in his second year. You can do better than that.

Reactions: 2 people

He all but said that without actually saying those exact words. You've got to read between the lines every now and then.

"The 6-foot-3, 170-pound guard considered putting the Vols in his rearview mirror and finishing his college career somewhere else."

“I didn’t want to leave before knowing who they was gonna bring in to replace (Tyndall),” Mostella said. “I didn’t want to leave and then have them hire a great coach and then know I made a mistake, you know? I didn’t want to leave until I knew what was going on here, but I’m really glad I stayed.”

Those two quotes tell me all I need to know. Mostella was gone if Tyndall stayed.

He all but said that without actually saying those exact words. You've got to read between the lines every now and then.

"The 6-foot-3, 170-pound guard considered putting the Vols in his rearview mirror and finishing his college career somewhere else."

“I didn’t want to leave before knowing who they was gonna bring in to replace (Tyndall),” Mostella said. “I didn’t want to leave and then have them hire a great coach and then know I made a mistake, you know? I didn’t want to leave until I knew what was going on here, but I’m really glad I stayed.”

Those two quotes tell me all I need to know. Mostella was gone if Tyndall stayed.

There's nothing to be read, even if he was gonna leave if Tyndall stayed, that article never said so, but what bto said made it seem so.

Reactions: 4 people
There's nothing to be read, even if he was gonna leave if Tyndall stayed, that article never said so, but what bto said made it seem so.

It doesn't have to say those exact words. It was inferred by Mostella himself. He makes it pretty clear that he was going to leave, and hiring a quality coach in Barnes made him stay.

Personally, I don't think he would've went anywhere, it would've been foolish to do so.

So you think Mostella was lying? even though he clearly says he was going to transfer, but decided to wait and see who UT hired. I guess he assumed UT would hire a up and coming nobody like the majority of us Vol fans thought. Once he seen who UT actually hired, he decided to stick around.

It doesn't have to say those exact words. It was inferred by Mostella himself. He makes it pretty clear that he was going to leave, and hiring a quality coach in Barnes made him stay.

"I was waiting to see who they hired to replace Tyndall." Never did he say " i was waiting on to see if they were gonna fire Franklin the turtle and then see who they hired." Sometimes you read between the lines, and find stuff that's not true.

So you think Mostella was lying? even though he clearly says he was going to transfer, but decided to wait and see who UT hired. I guess he assumed UT would hire a up and coming nobody like the majority of us Vol fans thought. Once he seen who UT actually hired, he decided to stick around.

No, he said he was waiting to see who would replace Tyndall, not to see if Tyndall was fired.

Reactions: 2 people
Inference - the process of arriving at some conclusion that, though it is not logically derivable from the assumed premises, possesses some degree of probability relative to the premises.

Thus, reading between the lines

VN Store

Back