Meet the vols new strength coach!

Not so fast ma'am! Now we have to OFFICIALLY break him down and find out what's wrong with him. :nono:
Ok you're sooo right. Poor fella. I feel sorry for him. anyway...Welcome to the Rocky Top...I think. 😁

Not so fast ma'am! Now we have to OFFICIALLY break him down and find out what's wrong with him. :nono:

Name is too long and he is too tall for the name Garrett.

JK. Glad he is here and cant wait to see how our guys do with him.

Is Medenwald a highly coveted Strength & Conditioning Coach or what? I have never heard of him, but that doesn't mean much. I don't know the names of any Strength and Conditioning Coaches besides of UT's.

Kinda wish he'd been exposed to a variety of influences, but that's hard to do at 25. Looks like he's a disciple of a certain philosophy/trend.

But--hey--if that philosophy becomes the most productive, most respected in the training field for the next 10 years... he's a fine and timely catch!

Kinda wish he'd been exposed to a variety of influences, but that's hard to do at 25. Looks like he's a disciple of a certain philosophy/trend.

But--hey--if that philosophy becomes the most productive, most respected in the training field for the next 10 years... he's a fine and timely catch!

Have you seen his resume? Dude knows his power and strength stuff - he can and has competed for Olympic lifting qualifiers, plus he's experienced with endurance and other aspects from track & field. Those two things alone tell me he has a wide variety, no?

Reactions: 1 person
have you seen his resume? Dude knows his power and strength stuff - he can and has competed for olympic lifting qualifiers, plus he's experienced with endurance and other aspects from track & field. Those two things alone tell me he has a wide variety, no?

yes!

Is Medenwald a highly coveted Strength & Conditioning Coach or what? I have never heard of him, but that doesn't mean much. I don't know the names of any Strength and Conditioning Coaches besides of UT's.

pretty sure he worked under the former Texas S&C coach while at Texas so I would guess his training is close to that.

Rucker said its common to hear good things about the S&C coach at any school but to TIFWIW that he is hearing more than normal chatter about the impression the new guy is making in the building and on the kids. A lot of basketball movement type workout that apparently have the kids talking about how much better they feel. Also apparently very energetic

VN Store

Back