Oak Ridge's Tee Higgins offered a scholarship in basketball too.

ainge10heisman

Tennessee Pusher
It appears Coach Barnes has extended Tee Higgins a basketball scholarship. Tee Higgins is a class of 2017 prospect out of Oak Ridge. He is currently ranked as the #18 overall prospect in his class for football.

Tee has future 5 star written all over him in football. I'm not sure how highly rated he is in basketball, but he must be pretty good at that too to receive a scholarship offer this early on.

All seven crystal ball predictions have him going to UT. If he did commit to UT for football, I wonder if Coach Jones would allow him to play basketball as well? I guess if CBJ wanted him badly enough, and Tee wanted to play basketball as well, Coach Jones wouldn't have much of a choice. There certainly will be some major Power 5 programs out there that would allow him to play both sports.

Two-sport local star gets Vols hoops offer

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
It would be good to see a trend in getting the Oak Ridge kids in BB and FB. Lost too many to other SEC teams in the past.

It appears Coach Barnes has extended Tee Higgins a basketball scholarship. Tee Higgins is a class of 2017 prospect out of Oak Ridge. He is currently ranked as the #18 overall prospect in his class for football.

Tee has future 5 star written all over him in football. I'm not sure how highly rated he is in basketball, but he must be pretty good at that too to receive a scholarship offer this early on.

All seven crystal ball predictions have him going to UT. If he did commit to UT for football, I wonder if Coach Jones would allow him to play basketball as well? I guess if CBJ wanted him badly enough, and Tee wanted to play basketball as well, Coach Jones wouldn't have much of a choice. There certainly will be some major Power 5 programs out there that would allow him to play both sports.

Two-sport local star gets Vols hoops offer

One of my best friends is voice of the Wildcats, and he says Tee is better at hoops.

David Clary! Didn't know he was still calling the games. Went to high school with him - Class of 74.

He's semi-retired from that. He finally started turning over the ropes to some younger guys last season. He only called the big games.

He is currently working in customer relations at Turner Field. He handles all the celebrities that come to the stadium (plenty of former Vols). When I talked to him a few weeks ago he had been hanging out with Jamal Lewis.

I was born in 1982, LOL

the year you were born I was the first paid assistant coach for the soccer team. LOL. I think that was the year - whichever was the first state championship team since I was on the team in 78. Got paid a whopping 75 bucks for the year :)

lulz

You guys made a good soccer tradition at OR. They have always been good as far as I know.

One of my best friends is voice of the Wildcats, and he says Tee is better at hoops.

I hope that's true. It would be nice to land a 2 sport stud athlete. I wonder why there isn't much basketball material out there on him? His handles look kind of loose in that short video that was shared on this thread.

He's semi-retired from that. He finally started turning over the ropes to some younger guys last season. He only called the big games.

He is currently working in customer relations at Turner Field. He handles all the celebrities that come to the stadium (plenty of former Vols). When I talked to him a few weeks ago he had been hanging out with Jamal Lewis.

A lot of years separate you guys, Huff. Nice that the generations meet. I know David, but only through my sister, who used to hang out with him.

Sad news for us Hoop fans. Maybe we'll get another update on his decision if he has a good season.

Higgins says he likely won’t play basketball in college, which is understandable considering his promise on the football field.

The five-star wide receiver already has a bevy of scholarship offers from college football powers, including Ohio State, LSU, Florida State and Tennessee. He also has been offered for basketball by Middle Tennessee State.

“I think obviously as good as his offers are in football, he’d be crazy not to play,” said Green, who played basketball at UT from 1995-99. “But as a basketball coach, if he grows to 6-8 or 6-9, he could look at basketball. I’ve always been an advocate of helping players get an education. And I want to see him walk out of here and be able to do that.

Read more: Here

VN Store

Back