Braxton Bonds granted release

I did not know walk-on needed release
He's still an eligible D1 player. You don't just stop showing up and hope they notice.

It doesn't make sense. Bonds would have had a chance to get real PG minutes he likely wouldn't see anywhere else. He had dedication problems IMO. First Liberty now here?

Reactions: 1 person
This guy is going around the horn. First Liberty, then UT, now who knows and has yet to play a second.

He probably saw the handwriting on the wall. He wants to play BB, but wants to play more minutes that UT will give him.

Reactions: 2 people
He's still an eligible D1 player. You don't just stop showing up and hope they notice.

It doesn't make sense. Bonds would have had a chance to get real PG minutes he likely wouldn't see anywhere else. He had dedication problems IMO. First Liberty now here?
I think it's talent than dedication. If I was going to Liberty and Tennessee called I would switch too.

This is why I would have taken Tookie Brown along with Lamonte Turner this spring-- we are just too thin at PG

Last edited:
And take a chance on missing on Bone? No thanks, Barnes and staff are building for the future.

Good point about Bone. Im like you, hoping Stella steps up and squires the handle needed to get some minutes there. I'm sure the staff will look for ways to get him minutes. Especially with the logjam we have at the 2 and 3.

VN Store

Back