BBall Rule Changes For 2015-16

Chris4Vols22

GBO or GTFO
Approved by NCAA, goes into effect immediately:

- 30-second shot clock
- Restricted area extended from 3 to 4 feet
- Second-half timeouts reduced from 4 to 3
- Timeouts called within 30 seconds of scheduled media timeouts will apply to said scheduled timeouts (aka no more "double timeouts")
- 10 seconds to advance the ball past half court, no more resets on stoppages

NCAA announces rule changes for 2015-16, including 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I just saw that women's basketball was going to 4 10 minute quarters instead of 20 minute halves. Is that just women or are men doing that too?

I guess there are still 5 time outs available, only you must use or lose 2 in the first half.

A huge change that isn't getting much attention is the 10 second rule to advance the ball past mid-court. No resets after most dead balls. That will create a lot more turn overs... especially late if TOs do not reset the clock.

people justifying their jobs in the name of speeding up the game to "make it better"...:eek:lol::eek:lol:

GO BIG ORANGE AND LADY VOLS!

women are going back to the days of 3 play defense side 3 play offense side make it easier. lol

I guess there are still 5 time outs available, only you must use or lose 2 in the first half.

A huge change that isn't getting much attention is the 10 second rule to advance the ball past mid-court. No resets after most dead balls. That will create a lot more turn overs... especially late if TOs do not reset the clock.
Thank you. I forgot to mention that in the OP.

Do you think with the 10 second rule change we'll see an increase in full court pressure from teams that are especially capable? I'd like to see them require 6 fouls before disqualification too.

Not me. The more it looks like the NBA, the less I will watch.

The refs and star calls are what hurt the NBA along with not calling travelling. The rules are way better than college though. A lower shot clock will speed the game up.

Hopefully we won't have to sit through a bunch of 60 point games anymore like we did last year.

I like college bball better also. The rules in the NBA are better though. If they got rid of all the flopping and enforced the rules the NBA would be way better than college bball.

VN Store

Back