Brad Woodson (new walk on)

kamoshika

B9316195486Z.1_20150211000734_000_G319U0R7M.1-0.jpg

Brad Woodson's basketball career isn't over just yet. The recent Riverdale graduate found out this week during college orientation that he will be a walk-on for Tennessee's men's basketball program.

"It's awesome," said Woodson, a 6-foot-1 guard. "It's a good opportunity for me. I'm so excited. I wanted to go to UT anyways. This is just icing on the cake.

"It's really just awesome. I'm just blessed to be able to have this opportunity."

Brad Woodson to walk on at Tennessee

Reactions: 4 people
B9316195486Z.1_20150211000734_000_G319U0R7M.1-0.jpg

Brad Woodson's basketball career isn't over just yet. The recent Riverdale graduate found out this week during college orientation that he will be a walk-on for Tennessee's men's basketball program.

"It's awesome," said Woodson, a 6-foot-1 guard. "It's a good opportunity for me. I'm so excited. I wanted to go to UT anyways. This is just icing on the cake.

"It's really just awesome. I'm just blessed to be able to have this opportunity."

Brad Woodson to walk on at Tennessee

Wonder if Woodson is a replacement for Braxton Bonds? Rob Lewis mentioned Bonds may be looking for a spot which will give him a scholarship.

Nah, SD won't like him, not worthy of a walk on spot in his opinion.

Nah, it's posters like you and the op who don't think a player that walks on is deserving of such an opportunity!

BTW, are you ever gonna answer that question that I asked, that you promised to respond to? Or, are you gonna pull a CBP?

Nah, it's posters like you and the op who don't think a player that walks on is deserving of such an opportunity!

BTW, are you ever gonna answer that question that I asked, that you promised to respond to? Or, are you gonna pull a CBP?

Where did the OP say he doesn't deserve an opportunity?

Reactions: 1 person
Diversity is good. Two years ago all of the players were AA, the HC was AA, and nearly all of CCM's staff was AA. Most of the TBA crowd was not AA. The BBB petition was floating around and was maybe a bigger factor, but it seemed like that team didn't appreciate the fans as much as others. Then again maybe that had more to do with how CBP promoted TN BB as compared to CCM.

Diversity is good. Two years ago all of the players were AA, the HC was AA, and nearly all of CCM's staff was AA. Most of the TBA crowd was not AA. The BBB petition was floating around and was maybe a bigger factor, but it seemed like that team didn't appreciate the fans as much as others. Then again maybe that had more to do with how CBP promoted TN BB as compared to CCM.

That's idiotic....we don't need diversity....we need the best players and coaches period no matter what they look like.

Reactions: 2 people
That's idiotic....we don't need diversity....we need the best players and coaches period no matter what they look like.

It's an observation. Two years ago the team definitely had distanced themselves from the fans. Last year the team played better on the road than at home. But if you feel the need to make a **** head reply, have at it.

...it seemed like that team didn't appreciate the fans as much as others. Then again maybe that had more to do with how CBP promoted TN BB as compared to CCM.

A few fans looked like idiots by signing a petition that made the majority of UT fans look like idiots. The team had a mentality of us against the world (including our fans) because it insulted them. It matters little how much someone promotes the program. This is a "win now" culture. If we win, they will come.

VN Store

Back