Hoiberg May Coach The Bulls

jknox33

Any chance we may take a look at any of their remaining bigs should they defect? I know they'd have to sit a year, but its worth noting.

Even if players did transfer, what are the odds they'd pick us?

Also, if ISU is able to hire Hornacek away from the Suns I doubt anybody on that team goes anywhere. Actually, I don't think they'll leave regardless of who their coach is unless they're assuring themselves a shot at a title this season. In other words, not us.

I don't know if you know this, but Iowa State is better than us. They're returning like everyone from a team that was a #3 seed in the NCAA tournament. Why would they transfer to a team who missed the tournament and also has a new coach? Barnes could end up being better than whoever they hire but their roster will be better than ours this season. Most of their important players are returning seniors and they'd end up with a new coach regardless if they stay or go. They might as well finish out their final season at ISU since they have a team worthy of the top 25 and have played together for years. Unless they think coming to Tennessee would get them into the NBA, we're actually a step down from ISU at the moment. If they're gonna transfer, I would think it would be to a team that consistently contends like Duke, Kansas, North Carolina, Michigan State etc.

And as for Hornacek, he made it sound a little more like he would stay with Phoenix the other day but just two days prior he was talking about much more college coaches make than him and how much more some of the college assistants make than his assistants in the NBA. Yesterday, while kind of saying he wants to say with Phoenix, he also said how fun it would be to coach is alma mater. Iowa state was paying Hoiberg more than Hornacek is currently making with the Suns, so... Iowa State will at least offer Hornacek more than his current salary/what Hoiberg was making. What I'm saying is, Iowa State might end up with a coach as good or better than us anyways while returning 4 of 5 starters on a #3 seeded team.

Reactions: 3 people
Wish Hoiberg would stay in Ames. He is referred to as the Mayor. A very popular coach in the Big 12. He just had heart surgery.

Any chance we may take a look at any of their remaining bigs should they defect? I know they'd have to sit a year, but its worth noting.

I just think it funny when someone leaves from another school. People always think we might their players. Hey I got a ideal. Lets wait until Calapari leaves Kentucky and goes to the NBA to be coach and general manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Then we can get all those 5 star players Cal will leave behind. :eek:lol::dance2:

I just think it funny when someone leaves from another school. People always think we might their players. Hey I got a ideal. Lets wait until Calapari leaves Kentucky and goes to the NBA to be coach and general manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Then we can get all those 5 star players Cal will leave behind. :eek:lol::dance2:

Some people live in a dream world.....and they're bored because there is nothing going on worth paying attention to in sports at the moment.

I think this started when Dooley arrived and we were in such a need of players that we were looking under every stone trying to find serviceable bodies. This happened again a bit last year when Tyndall released the entire signing class and lost a couple players. Our fan base can't get out of scramble mode.

While I understand the sarcasm, I brought it up for a couple of reasons. Number one, while ISU is a better program at the moment usually there will be some to defect and at times it's not their choice to transfer out.

Number two, there may be a chance that the players were recruited to Texas at one point in time since the Big12 is famiar with Barnes.
I could add in a third point in that there's not much more to talk about on here other than our personal lives, how much all our past coaches sucked or if we are going to fill our last scholly.

VN Store

Back