15 KY F Dikembe Dixson

Likely to be a Vol imo

@Ben_Fred: Dikembe Dixson's HS coach said Dikembe talked to Rick Barnes tonight, and wants to visit Tennessee before making decision. Blog coming.

Reactions: 1 person
I've seen him play, albeit it's been a while. Good player, has a cousin (I think Montrell or something is his name with the same last name) too who is worth a look. Definitely has SEC type skills, athletic and potential to be a good defender. Needs to add weight and improve offense, but it'd be a good get.

@Ben_Fred: Brad Napier, Dikembe Dixson's HS coach at Mingo Central (West Va) says Dixson will take an official visit to Tennessee on May 21.

I've seen him play, albeit it's been a while. Good player, has a cousin (I think Montrell or something is his name with the same last name) too who is worth a look. Definitely has SEC type skills, athletic and potential to be a good defender. Needs to add weight and improve offense, but it'd be a good get.

thanks for the info.

thanks for the info.

I'm a little depressed about possibly signing this kid.....I was looking for stats for him and I found a box score for one of his games.....Dikembe had 20 pts and 15 Rebs but his team lost by 23 to a high school team called the Poca Dots.....LOL

Reactions: 2 people
I'm a little depressed about possibly signing this kid.....I was looking for stats for him and I found a box score for one of his games.....Dikembe had 20 pts and 15 Rebs but his team lost by 23 to a high school team called the Poca Dots.....LOL

Found this on TOS by Smynavol who periodically posts here, too. I feel that with Baulkman playing the season at less than 100% that this may be a wise option.

Dixson was first team all state in WV, averaging "21.1 points, 8.4 rebounds, 2.4 steals and a bevy of acrobatic dunks."

Dikembe Dixson selected to Class AA All-State team - Montrell Dixson on 3rd team: Hatfield get Hon. Mention - Williamson Daily News - williamsondailynews.com

Found this on TOS by Smynavol who periodically posts here, too. I feel that with Baulkman playing the season at less than 100% that this may be a wise option.

Dixson was first team all state in WV, averaging "21.1 points, 8.4 rebounds, 2.4 steals and a bevy of acrobatic dunks."

Dikembe Dixson selected to Class AA All-State team - Montrell Dixson on 3rd team: Hatfield get Hon. Mention - Williamson Daily News - williamsondailynews.com

I was mainly joking about losing to a team called Poca Dots but thanks for the stats....he looks really athletic but hard to tell much more.

napier said barnes’ staff, specifically associate head coach rob lanier, established a relationship with dixson while at texas. That interest intensified this week....“he really liked alabama last weekend,” napier said. “he’s really excited about tennessee now that it has come into the picture here lately. He had a good relationship with the staff when they were at texas.”

-kns

Looking at the film, he has a good handle, which we've been lacking. Stroke looks good too, although he likes to drive the ball. I like it. I still think we could use another big though, assuming there is more "roster attrition". Between injury and fouls, we were at a disadvantage all last year.

This guy reminds me of a less talented victor oladipo. Idk if it's a correct comparison but it's the one I'm seeing.

Just put SD on him and he will gain 10 pounds in a minute.

Reactions: 3 people
He is suppose to be really good in transition which we will need badly with the loss of Richardson.

This guy reminds me of a less talented victor oladipo. Idk if it's a correct comparison but it's the one I'm seeing.

Oladipo was listed at 6'4" 180lbs and had a solid build coming into college, was also more of a 2. When I saw Dixson I immediately thought a less talented McRae, he was 6'6" 180lbs coming out of high school, very similar measurements to Dixson. Similar styles at this point also where they are a slasher and perimeter shooter, but even in high school videoes you can see them getting bumped around in the lane.

VN Store

Back