Rucker's early look at BasketVols

I imagine it'll be like this past season where there are some signs of life but ultimately the talent level bites them in the butt.

I imagine it'll be like this past season where there are some signs of life but ultimately the talent level bites them in the butt.

Idk we got more body in the paint where they can't just go in the paint to score points whenever like some teams did with the inside-outside game plan.

I feel it will be a better team this year! if everyone remains healthy, WE ARE GOING TO MAKE SOME NOISE IN THE SEC! However, my favorite part of the article......yes!!! YOU GUESSED IT....
"Getting a healthy McGhee back will add some steel to the post defense, as well. He and Moore aren’t the biggest front court players you’ll see at this level by any stretch, but they’re tough enough to offset that. You’d want them on your side in a fight."
...And yes, he is ready for the FIGHT!!!!! GO VOLS!!!!!!

Reactions: 6 people
I feel it will be a better team this year! if everyone remains healthy, WE ARE GOING TO MAKE SOME NOISE IN THE SEC! However, my favorite part of the article......yes!!! YOU GUESSED IT....
"Getting a healthy McGhee back will add some steel to the post defense, as well. He and Moore aren’t the biggest front court players you’ll see at this level by any stretch, but they’re tough enough to offset that. You’d want them on your side in a fight."
...And yes, he is ready for the FIGHT!!!!! GO VOLS!!!!!!

Can't wait to see him and Kasongo down low together.

Reactions: 2 people

Like some of the athletes we are getting but are definitely a year or two away. I imagine we are below average at every position on the floor in the SEC this year but will change soon as these guys develop.

About right. Borderline NIT. Really need one more SEC ready post and some scoring punch. Still there are times when a star player leaves that forces everyone else to take a step forward. Maybe this team can gel and surprise some folks. That's why the games are played. Ball can take some funny bounces sometimes.

Based on what we know now, Rucker is not far off. Things might be better with another transfer. Also both freshman that were signed in the fall might be better than expected next year. Nobody is expecting much contribution right away but both made a lot of progress between junior and senior year in high school.

There is also no way McGhee and the two new signees don't give you more than you got from Willie and Owens. That would be almost impossible.

Calling it now, we'll be better than we were this year. I think Armani and Reese will do whatever it takes to get into the tournament. We have a very mentally strong team, something a lot of the SEC lacks.

I'm with iKrager, but I'm adding my boy, Hubbs, and Punter in the equation. They will do whatever it takes to get into the tournament

Don't sleep on Mostella if he stays and adds strength. He's athletic and she be more comfortable in the SEC. if he toughens up we could be nice.

Interesting take on what he said about Mostella.

Really? He said he could be an option on offense and that he wasn't a true point guard.

Or were you referencing the "if he's still here" part?

If so, I was more worried about him leaving if Donnie had been able to stay than I am now. Jmo

Reactions: 1 person
I want to see fire from Hubbs this year. I want this to be his team. Take it from Moore and we'll go far. I want to see Moore and Jabri's scrappiness rub off on him. I want to see him finish a game like he did vs Vandy. That's the Hubbs we need fellas.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I want to see fire from Hubbs this year. I want this to be his team. Take it from Moore and we'll go far. I want to see Moore and Jabri's scrappiness rub off on him. I want to see him finish a game like he did be Vandy. That's the Hubbs we need fellas.

It took me a couple reads to understand this lol at first I though it said "I want to see us fie hubbs" lol my first though was, why Brent ? Haha

VN Store

Back