Where Do We Go Now?

jknox33

With both White and Izundu ruling TN out, anyone know who may be the next top target? Will we roll with who we have in the paint and keep Armani down low part time? Will we add another PG prospect with experience? Does CRB have an ace up his sleeve?

Reactions: 1 person
This post situation makes nervous, especially with Izundu and White backing down. :blink:

With both White and Izundu ruling TN out, anyone know who may be the next top target? Will we roll with who we have in the paint and keep Armani down low part time? Will we add another PG prospect with experience? Does CRB have an ace up his sleeve?

We have struck out on the remaining post targets. Down low we will go with what we have and maybe there is a good enough wing or point to help but I'm betting we are done and will save it for next year. I think we will be some better in the post because McGee will be an improvement over Carmichael and Kasongo will really add bulk. Alexander will be similar to Owens in that he needs time and a wright room. Reese will be about what Reese is.

This post situation makes nervous, especially with Izundu and White backing down. :blink:

Well I think A.Schoefield at around 6-7 is going to be a small forward so he could help as well at the 4. If no one leaves they still have 1 schollie left to still grab a transfer if the right player is out there. I think they will be fine.

Not to worry Auntie.
JB's game will really improve this season with a legit rim protector in Kasongo beside him. No help last season. Had to over reach most of the time.
Still think we'll add another though.

Turner/ Bonds?/Punter
Hubbs/Punter/Mostella
Moore/Hubbs/Baulkman
Jabari/Reese/Moore
Kasongo/Alexander

I not real sure where our other two freshman fit. If last years team could get 16, this roster has to be good for 18-20 wins IMO. We lost Richardson which will hurt bad, but on the plus side we added an actual pg and a true bruiser down low. Plus we get Jabari back. Things are looking up.

Reactions: 2 people
Just means that UT will have another year where guys have to move a position bigger. Nothing new, so at least some guys have experience. Moore/Reese for example. Probably gonna have a lineup with Jabari/Kasongo down low. Hope Jabari can play well after only playing 100 minutes last season. I sure hope people don't expect too much out of him. RK and Alexander (who will probably have to play) will be fun to watch run the floor.

Turner/ Bonds?/Punter
Hubbs/Punter/Mostella
Moore/Hubbs/Baulkman
Jabari/Reese/Moore
Kasongo/Alexander

I not real sure where our other two freshman fit. If last years team could get 16, this roster has to be good for 18-20 wins IMO. We lost Richardson which will hurt bad, but on the plus side we added an actual pg and a true bruiser down low. Plus we get Jabari back. Things are looking up.

I think S.Phillips will be a wing. I have heard him compared to Cameron Tatum only with good knees! I think I read where Schoefield will be a small Forward and will start out at the 4 although I am not real sure. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.

Well I think A.Schoefield at around 6-7 is going to be a small forward so he could help as well at the 4. If no one leaves they still have 1 schollie left to still grab a transfer if the right player is out there. I think they will be fine.

I agree that his likely position is SF most likely, but he is 6-5, not 6-7.

Yes. He's undersized, but has a solid build and a bruiser's mentality. He'll likely see some minutes at the 4 depending on matchup.

He will probably get to at least 6-6 and with the bruiser's body should help at the 4. Could he be comparable to Maymon only with hops? I loved Maymon but he certainly couldn't jump!!

There's some talk that Tennessee is gonna try with White still, they were gonna wait on Izundu and go from there, they didn't anticipate White cutting his list so fast. Knowing that they're out on Izundu will allow them to go full in on White, so getting involved and landing a visit isn't impossible.

They've also made contact and are talking to grad transfer Jermaine Ruttley, he's a PG/SG who would be an ideal stop gap for Lamonte Turner.

This Year:

Kasongo/Alexander/McGhee/Reese/Moore

Last Year:

Carmichael/Owens/McGhee/Reese/Moore

They traded Carmichael and Owens for Alexander and Kasongo basically, which that by itself is an upgrade IMO, add in the other 3 adding a year of experience and we are definitely in better shape than last year in the post IMO

Schofield is now where close to 6'7", closer to 6'4" than 6'7"

He is listed at 6-5 and will probably get to at least 6-6 at some point. Next thing I am going to hear is that he is really closer to 5-10 than 6-4!

What guys are listed at and what they actually are, are two very different things. Tariq was listed by some as 200lbs, he was actually 175lbs. Also, there's no guarantee he grows more, people thought that about Stokes, he didn't grow an inch after 17 years old, so counting on him growing in the future into factoring his current height seems like a stretch.

Who said he's shrinking? You've got the guy growing 2" in the next 3 months, I would say by January he will be our 7' starting C, right?

I just want to know where he is going to play? Is he a Small Forward, Is he a wing, or can he be described as a combo guard? Honestly, I don't know. I will hang up and listen!! TIA

I just want to know where he is going to play? Is he a Small Forward, Is he a wing, or can he be described as a combo guard? Honestly, I don't know. I will hang up and listen!! TIA

He will likely be similar to Armani, a 3/4 this year, unless we add someone else which is still possible. I think going forward Barnes would prefer him to be a 3 and not continue to play small lineups with guys 6'5"-6'7" playing the 4

VN Store

Back