Durant in the SEC discussion (split)

Would Kevin Durant have had the success in the SEC that he had out west? Doubtful.

No disrespect, but IMO Durant would have had success anywhere he would have gone. It all depended on how much they wanted him to score. He was the best college freshman I can ever remember seeing play.

Bottom line is that I don't think that is a good comparison to use.

No disrespect, but IMO Durant would have had success anywhere he would have gone. It all depended on how much they wanted him to score. He was the best college freshman I can ever remember seeing play.

Bottom line is that I don't think that is a good comparison to use.
Best college freshman ever is a stretch lol even recently there's been better. But he's grown into the best player on the planet.

Would Kevin Durant have had the success in the SEC that he had out west? Doubtful.

:popcorn:

Kevin Durant is a generational talent. The best college freshman in a long time IMO, and Portland made an enormous mistake taking Greg Oden over him. He'd have succeeded playing on the moon. Big 12 was and is a better conference for basketball, and it provided him with better competition, though he destroyed all comers.

Reactions: 2 people
Serious question. Sorry I offended some. I know he is best now, I didn't follow him in college first 3 years. Excuse me for breathing on VN. Didn't know everyone on here was so cerebral!

Best college freshman ever is a stretch lol even recently there's been better. But he's grown into the best player on the planet.

Durant is the best player on the planet

Unfortunately, he's no longer even the best Player on his own team, let alone the planet.

If you're playing a pickup game to save your life and you get first pick, you aren't taking Durant. You take Lebron, Curry, Westbrook, or Anthony Davis over him, and if his injuries become chronic (which sadly they are looking) then I wouldn't go anywhere near him, regardless of how good a pure scorer he is (and Carmello is still a better all around pure scorer when you factor in he can post up so much better than Durant.)

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately, he's no longer even the best Player on his own team, let alone the planet.

If you're playing a pickup game to save your life and you get first pick, you aren't taking Durant. You take Lebron, Curry, Westbrook, or Anthony Davis over him, and if his injuries become chronic (which sadly they are looking) then I wouldn't go anywhere near him, regardless of how good a pure scorer he is (and Carmello is still a better all around pure scorer when you factor in he can post up so much better than Durant.)

This is pure idiotic and I'll leave it at that. If you seriously would take Curry or Westbrook over him lol. He had a season last year that hasn't been doing in decades. People are so prisoner of the moment. It's still Durant's team. I personally think Westbrook is a top 5 player in the league but he's not Durant.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back