Josh Richardson volunteered to fill the void.

Josh Richardson has been my favorite UT player the last few years. His defensive abilities, ball handling skills, and a sweet jump shot make him a really fun player to watch. On top of that, he's a smart, team-oriented and selfless player. Hopefully he gets a shot at playing in the NBA. Good luck Josh, I will always root for you!

Reactions: 1 person
Hadn't seen it posted, but maybe it had...

It came out that when Martin left Josh was presented with the option to add a couple summer classes and graduate after his junior season. He was far enough ahead of schedule that it was more than possible, and he would've been a graduate transfer allowed to transfer to the school of his choice and be eligible immediately. He opted to stay at Tennessee and volunteer to play a position he wasn't comfortable with for the better of the team, hard to imagine what last year wouldve been without him, he will definitely go down in my book right up there with Lofton as true VFL's

Reactions: 14 people
Hadn't seen it posted, but maybe it had...

It came out that when Martin left Josh was presented with the option to add a couple summer classes and graduate after his junior season. He was far enough ahead of schedule that it was more than possible, and he would've been a graduate transfer allowed to transfer to the school of his choice and be eligible immediately. He opted to stay at Tennessee and volunteer to play a position he wasn't comfortable with for the better of the team, hard to imagine what last year wouldve been without him, he will definitely go down in my book right up there with Lofton as true VFL's

Right on, brother. I'd like to have Josh around for another decade lol. Can't have enough talented, high character guys like him around and they sure don't grow on trees.

If Tony Allen can stick in the NBA this long, surely Richardson can too. I doubt he get's drafted, but I would be shocked if he doesn't find a spot in the NBA. He's bigger than Allen with a better shot, and equal or slightly better handles. He's just as athletic as Allen, and can be a shut down defender too. The man is a overall complete ball player. Coaches love players like him.

I see him as more of a Danny Green type player with the Spurs. Great spark player that plays D and hits the timely open 3. Very similar build.

I think his tremendous growth on the hardwood is second only to his growth as a man. A true VFL!

Reactions: 2 people
I think he may find his knack in the NBA as a bruce Bowen type defensive stopper. I believe Richardson stands a better chance of making it in the NBA than Scotty hopson or Jordan McRae, who were both better scorers but lacked the all around game that Richardson has.

VN Store

Back