Willie Carmichael transferring.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Report: Tennessee forward Willie Carmichael to transfer - News Sentinel Story

Tennessee basketball forward Willie Carmichael will transfer from UT, according to a source.

The source requested anonymity because UT has not yet officially announced Carmichael's departure.

UT spokesman Tom Satkowiak told the News Sentinel on Monday that, as of the close of the business day Monday, Carmichael had not formally requested the necessary paperwork for a release from UT's compliance department.

Reactions: 2 people
Well crap, I thought Willie had a decent upside. Perhaps CRB has different plans.

I think he could be a great player as well but I feel if he didn't progress this year then he may not see much playing time in the future because of how Barnes recruits. Could just be me but he is far behind McGhee, for example, in understanding and various skills for the post. As I said before Good luck to him regardless. Hope he does well for himself.

Reactions: 2 people
Not shocked. I think the writing was on the wall concerning his playing time. Owens was starting to eat into his playing time under Tyndall. Can't imagine that the situation was going to be any better in the Barnes era.

While Willie was limited in some ways I always thought he brought 100% effort. Thanks Willie for your contributions.

Reactions: 20 people
Don't recall anyone saying he was?

Pretty sure people did man. Anyone with common sense knew he'd be the next to go if CRB needed to make some space. He had potential but needed a redshirt and was getting recruited over (Kasongo, Alexander, Inzunda).

Reactions: 4 people
You didn't need to be an insider to see this coming. He was at the top of everybody's list when you looked at how many bigs Barnes was going after. Going or stitting out a year is in Willie's best interest. He was truly lost here most of the time. Hopefully he can develop his game in a different environment.

But I don't want to start a 5 page argument so we'll just say you were the only one on VN to call this...color us all shocked :)

Reactions: 20 people
I thought we knew this. Did I just make it up in my dead prior to today? That could be the case..

Pretty sure people did man. Anyone with common sense knew he'd be the next to go if CRB needed to make some space. He had potential but needed a redshirt and was getting recruited over (Kasongo, Alexander, Inzunda).

Like I said, don't recall it, in fact remember posting it and AuntieDee questioning me on it.

This is good for UT, and especially good for Carmichael. He was getting recruited over , and will have better numbers and playing time at a smaller school.

Don't recall anyone saying he was?

I don't think you're intending it, but sounds like you're trying to brag and act like you're the only one. Others, including myself have been suggesting that he's the most obvious player that might leave.

Hope he grows as a player and gets a chance to be an impact guy somewhere. Just didn't work out at UT sadly.

Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back