Rick Barnes wants Tennessee playing 'national schedule'

I just hope we get matched up against TX in that SEC/Big 12 Challenge coming up in January. I wonder if Rick feels the same way.

Reactions: 2 people
I think TN has typically scheduled pretty well.

The more I read about Barnes, the more I think we pulled another Butch Jones out of our a$$.

With Butch, we took a big risk not knowing what we were getting based on evidence of a similar turnaround at a Power 5 conference.

Barnes is a proven product, and him failing to win at a respectable level would be a major upset at the salary we are paying him.

I've been wondering if Hart and Barnes had discussions long before Donnie was fired and Barnes was on notice in Austin. Probably not, but not out of the realm of possibility.

We have a coach that cares more about the players than winning and losing! With that attitude you can build a winning program ... glad he is our coach!

I just hope we get matched up against TX in that SEC/Big 12 Challenge coming up in January. I wonder if Rick feels the same way.
Yeah that would be awesome! I also love how thats in the middle of SEC play. Would be a nice break from SEC play.

We have a coach that cares more about the players than winning and losing! With that attitude you can build a winning program ... glad he is our coach!

Exactly. A good schedule makes recruits want to come here. He's trying to put us on the map again!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back