'15 CAN F Kyle Alexander (UT commit 5/7/15)

bleedingTNorange

Figure it's time he gets a thread of his own too, according to VQ update tonight his family is mulling either pulling the trigger for the Vols, or taking trips to see Arkansas and Missouri. Sounds like it's at least a possibility this one could go the Vols way fairly quickly also, loads of potential.

https://vimeo.com/115650673

Kyle Alexander, Orangeville Prep, Center (BK)

Duke, Texas, Pittsburgh and Michigan State are all checking in on Kyle Alexander, a 6-foot-10 2015 forward from Orangeville Prep in Ontario.

Duke assistant Nate James called head coach Larry Blunt on Friday, and Pitt and Texas have checked in in recent days. Michigan State invited him for a visit, but no visit dates are set.

“He’s 6-10 with a 7-4 wingspan,” Blunt told SNY.tv. “He runs faster than our guards and has a knack for blocking shots. His dad was a Division 1 1,000-point scorer and his sister was an All-American at Syracuse and a first-round draft pick in the WNBA. The kid has been playing basketball for three years and his potential is scary.”

Due to a wrist injury, Alexander did not make the trip South when Orangeville played last weekend in Washington, D.C., New York and Springfield, Mass., but he normally plays alongside Orangeville Prep stars Thon Maker and Jamal Murray, both of whom are mulling reclassing to 2015 from 2016.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/recruiting-roundup-kyle-alexander-brandon-ingram-malik-newman-isaiah-washington/

Reactions: 1 person
Similar ceiling to Izundu, maybe even higher. Just needs a red shirt and more time whereas Izundu could help next year.

I feel he has a higher ceiling than Izundu and comes from a great pedigree. Izundu is still raw but much more polished at this stage. I think both will be fine players at the next level.

Similar ceiling to Izundu, maybe even higher. Just needs a red shirt and more time whereas Izundu could help next year.

Reminds me so much of Tariq Owens, but probably a little more coordination at this point. Owens looked like a baby giraffe learning to walk at times. Owens had the highest ceiling of the 2014 class CDT brought in IMO, but Alexander has an even higher ceiling.

Like Owens, Alexander could benefit from a redshirt year, but it doesn't sound as if that is likely based on his father's comments. He wants him to play as a freshman to get experience.

After yesterday - in Rick we trust. Once we see a season of Rickball in TBA we should be able to set aside any concerns, like we have Butch. Make it happen, Rick.

It appears Hart can fall in a vat of caca repeatedly and come out of it smelling like roses.

“He’s 6-10 with a 7-4 wingspan,” Blunt told SNY.tv. “He runs faster than our guards and has a knack for blocking shots..."

I want, whether a redshirt or playing as a Frosh.

So we have one scholarship left with possibilities of signing Alexander and Idzudu. what do we do? I don't think CRB ask a current player to look elsewhere.

Alexander is going to take some more visits according to TOS. My guess is he is watching with interest what Izundu does. Izundu''s coach is not in UT's corner but is not clear to me if he is anti UT or just wants the kid to look around more.

It is hard at this point to know if the coach is Izundu's decision maker and what his motive's are. Time will tell.I think Alexander is taking the right approach if he wants to play meaningful minutes early. Wait and see what Izundu does and then go where you get playing time.

Obviously, it would be nice to get both.

Rob Lewis said today that Alexander is leaning heavily towards the Vols. Says Vols are strong leaders at this point and he could sign soon if he doesn't visit anywhere else. Go Vols!

I'm very much an Alexander fan from his highlights. With a couple years in a good strength and conditioning program he could become very good.

The key is "in a couple years". I worry people are gonna expect too much out of him year 1. He needs time to develop. Hopefully the Vols can let him sit and learn instead of throwing him into the fire straight off.

The key is "in a couple years". I worry people are gonna expect too much out of him year 1. He needs time to develop. Hopefully the Vols can let him sit and learn instead of throwing him into the fire straight off.

I agree. He needs a redshirt.

VN Store

Back