2016 TN PG Jordan Bone (UT commit 9/13/15)

JohnMcA60

Brother of former Vol Josh Bone and plays at Ensworth HS in Nashville, TN.

Jordan Bone, Ensworth, Point Guard

https://rivals.yahoo.com/rbi/basketball/recruiting/player-Jordan-Bone-165644

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/jordan-bone-pg-2016

Jordan Bone - Hudl

http://youtu.be/GGkO19LqTHc

Highly ranked 247Sports three-star Jordan Bone has caught the eyes of coaches in April. Tennessee has offered the point guard out of Nashville (Tenn.) Ensworth High School and is in a strong position.

Bone's brother Josh Bone played for Tennessee, and his younger brother sounds like he wants to follow in his footsteps.

"I like UT," Bone told 247Sports at the Under Armour Association event. "My brother went there. It's a family tradition."

Ranked No. 124 in the 2016 Top247, Bone also has offers from Memphis, Louisiana Tech, Western Kentucky and Samford. Interest is coming in from LSU, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt.

At 6-2, 165-pounds, Bone is know for his extra gear with the basketball. He has a balanced offense game and is an exceptional defender.

Tennessee has a couple predictions in his Crystal Ball.
-Jerry Meyer 247

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
247 has him as a 4* and top 80 player in the country, another PG, am I dreaming?!?!

Bone is Tennessee's if they want him, Barnes was smart in offering early, beat out Memphis and a few other schools, I'll go out on a limb and say he's Barnes first 2016 commit.

The future is looking bright boys!

Reactions: 11 people
247 has him as a 4* and top 80 player in the country, another PG, am I dreaming?!?!

Bone is Tennessee's if they want him, Barnes was smart in offering early, beat out Memphis and a few other schools, I'll go out on a limb and say he's Barnes first 2016 commit.

The future is looking bright boys!

He has exploded in the past few months and rightfully so. Kid can hit the deep three and play some stellar defense. Oh and a legacy player so that's a plus. Go get him CRB

He has exploded in the past few months and rightfully so. Kid can hit the deep three and play some stellar defense. Oh and a legacy player so that's a plus. Go get him CRB

His brother was a heck of a defender, was hoping he would have that same level to him.

When is the last "legacy" recruit top 100 player that's been out there for Tennessee? Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but it just seems like the perfect storm, almost like how many there were when Butch took over, really helped get the ball rolling.

Barnes comes in and salvages a 2015 class, goes out and pull a 2016 top 100 player early in the year, would be huge for the future.

Reactions: 2 people
His brother was a heck of a defender, was hoping he would have that same level to him.

When is the last "legacy" recruit top 100 player that's been out there for Tennessee? Maybe I'm forgetting someone, but it just seems like the perfect storm, almost like how many there were when Butch took over, really helped get the ball rolling.

Barnes comes in and salvages a 2015 class, goes out and pull a 2016 top 100 player early in the year, would be huge for the future.

So who do you like for us to get in 2016 class. Right now I feel confident with Bone and that's about it. Any news on the big instate guys?

So who do you like for us to get in 2016 class. Right now I feel confident with Bone and that's about it. Any news on the big instate guys?

Way too early to tell.

The new staff is gonna try with Ado and Blackwell, will be hard to beat Louisville for Ado, Vandy & Florida are major player for Blackwell, Barnes definitely has his work cut out for him.

They're in great shape with the Grant Williams kid for North Carolina, did a great job getting in on him early also.

Reactions: 1 person
Two minutes into his highlights and this kid is a top 75 player in 2016 IMO. He is very talented and I'm glad CRB offered him early because he is about to explode. This kid is a great, great all around player. Wow

Two minutes into his highlights and this kid is a top 75 player in 2016 IMO. He is very talented and I'm glad CRB offered him early because he is about to explode. This kid is a great, great all around player. Wow

Hope he's real deal cause he seems to want to be a Vol early. Any idea what kind of competition Ensworth faces?

Hope he's real deal cause he seems to want to be a Vol early. Any idea what kind of competition Ensworth faces?

Nothing amazing but it's still impressive his ball handling and skills in general. They play some tough teams but they aren't a power school. Also he has a sweet jumper from 14-22 feet. I'm very impressed

What would Tennessee do if they have two legitimate point guards? When was the last time?

Heck, what would the fans do if Tennessee had two legitimate PGs? :)

Nothing amazing but it's still impressive his ball handling and skills in general. They play some tough teams but they aren't a power school. Also he has a sweet jumper from 14-22 feet. I'm very impressed

I agree. He looked like the fastest player on the floor in most of those highlights I was just wondering how much to take from that.

Then again CJ Watson never impressed with offensive foot speed either. Imo

He plays on Team Thad for AAU which plays against some very quality teams, he's got multiple other D1 players on his team, so he's playing and going against top notch competition.

I just hope he doesn't become a Bone of contention should Notre Dame or any other high profile suitor try to wrest him away from UT. If he signs with the Vols, I hope he can live up to his Jordan namesake.

He plays on Team Thad for AAU which plays against some very quality teams, he's got multiple other D1 players on his team, so he's playing and going against top notch competition.

Nuff said. I dont remember ever landed a team Thad guy. He'd be a big get for more his game.

I forgot he played for team Thad. Isn't that the team that Jaylen Fisher is or had played on??

Love the fundamental shot. Very little will have to be reworked (speed of release) and he seems like he has great instincts on both ends of the floor. He's not a freak athlete, but seems like a well rounded player.

I like his quickness. As John Wooden always emphasized, "Be quick, but don't hurry." That worked out pretty well for ucla back in the day. I also like his passing ability.

Reactions: 2 people
I just hope he doesn't become a Bone of contention should Notre Dame or any other high profile suitor try to wrest him away from UT. If he signs with the Vols, I hope he can live up to his Jordan namesake.

Bone averaged 16.2 points per game for Ensworth last season and also has an offer from Western Kentucky, though Notre Dame, Murray State and others have been recruiting him.

Lol

Jordan Bone reminds me of Cameron Payne, you know the pg/sg from Murray State. Not the most athletic but a super fiery player who has a quick-n-accurate jumpshot. Both of them seem to have superior balance too.

Tape reminde a little of Darius Thompson's. Bone is obviously a couple inches shorter, but has a much better jump shot. He seems quicker than Thompson, but it could be deceptive because DT was such a glider.

Noticed that his team played CPA in thise clips, so he was going against Braxton Blackwell and Tyger Campbell. Looked like he had a good game against them.

VN Store

Back