Nike Basketball Uniforms

IndianapolisVol

(Volunteer) Basketball Mod
What do you all think these are going to look like?

Little early, I know, but wondering what you all thought.

I wouldn't mind seeing something vintage like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,282
Reactions: 5 people
I pretty much hated those uniforms. The throwbacks from 2006 or so were cool, but not those Buzz Peterson era things.

Reactions: 6 people
I'm not thinking they'll be much different at home. I've noticed some barely noticeable panoramic deal on the back of the jersey but that's about it on home unis. I'm looking forward to the road unis tho.

That might be a double throw back. I think that CJ was wearing a throw back in that pic.

I believe that in the mid 90s "Tennessee Volunteers" and "Oklahoma Sooners" were grandfathered in as the only 2 NCAA programs allowed to have both the school name and nickname on their jerseys. Kevin O'Neill dropped "Volunteers". I didn't see "Sooners" during an OK game last year, don't know how long ago they did like KO's TN.

Last edited:
i'm sure there'll be 'Pilot Oil' and 'Clayton Homes' logos on the back

To blend between all comments, new version is the direction to go. But if they would like to pull out the vintage once in a while they could.

Much more concerned with the actual basketball being played than what the players are wearing. Looking good while we are getting drilled by 20 points does absolutely nothing for me.

Reactions: 4 people
nike and vintage... lol

Nike-Throwback-Uniforms-Duke-Syracuse-Ohio-State-UNC-Kentucky-Michigan-State-Oregon.jpg

BYU-Throwback-Uniforms-1.jpg

You were saying?

Look, the whole uniform supplier thing is way overblown. Nike, Adidas and Under Armour all have their advantages and disadvantages. As long as we're with one of the major suppliers, there shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: 1 person
Nike-Throwback-Uniforms-Duke-Syracuse-Ohio-State-UNC-Kentucky-Michigan-State-Oregon.jpg

BYU-Throwback-Uniforms-1.jpg

You were saying?

Look, the whole uniform supplier thing is way overblown. Nike, Adidas and Under Armour all have their advantages and disadvantages. As long as we're with one of the major suppliers, there shouldn't be an issue.

Those Oregon would look sick if it was orange and white with no third color

What do you all think these are going to look like?

Little early, I know, but wondering what you all thought.

I wouldn't mind seeing something vintage like this.

I liked those unis, too. Somewhat reminiscent of the Ray Mears era, although there was no blue outline with them.

I will never understand why VN is so obsessed with uniforms.

I'll never understand some people on VN being so obsessed about people being obsessed about uniforms, Geez, can people not have diffrent tasts in life? I mean i'm all for tradition, but as long as we stay with O & W, I don't think it's to absurd to give those young people someting they would really like and not to mention if it gets them even more hyped up. There are people all the time on here saying that the uniform don't win the game and I agree to an extent but i can tell you the first two times that I attended a game after they added a color ( Black-SC & Grey-Georgia) the whole atmosphere was electric Players & Fans!! GO VOLS!!!!! GBO!!!!!! VFL!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'll never understand some people on VN being so obsessed about people being obsessed about uniforms, Geez, can people not have diffrent tasts in life? I mean i'm all for tradition, but as long as we stay with O & W, I don't think it's to absurd to give those young people someting they would really like and not to mention if it gets them even more hyped up. There are people all the time on here saying that the uniform don't win the game and I agree to an extent but i can tell you the first two times when I attended the game after they added a color ( Black-SC & Grey-Georgia) the whole atmosphere was electric Players & Fans!! GO VOLS!!!!! GBO!!!!!! VFL!!!!!!!!!

All sports should just be played nekkid.

VN Store

Back