Will Barnes.....

Heath Shuler

Ex Vol QB
Will Barnes sign atleast one recruit before the signing period is over? Its seems so dead its like he wont even try...any news?

“The situation we are in right now is one of the hardest to be in, because you know you don’t want to fill scholarships just to fill a scholarship,” Barnes said during a Tuesday radio appearance on the Tony Basilio Show. “Those (scholarships) are so valuable to have. So, we have to really dig into everything that we need to know about the kids that we are wanting to sign right now, because of the chemistry. They’re really going to be a part of what you are trying to lay in terms of the culture, the foundation.”

From how this read, I think he may take all the time he has to make a good choice. I think that is a good move!

Reactions: 6 people
I am tired of him trying to find the best fit for the team. He needs to sign some people quickly so we can pontificate on the number of stars and whether or not they are diamonds in the rough. This is soooo boring waiting on this.

Reactions: 9 people
I am tired of him trying to find the best fit for the team. He needs to sign some people quickly so we can pontificate on the number of stars and whether or not they are diamonds in the rough. This is soooo boring waiting on this.

Not sure if you're serious or not. But if you are lol.

Reactions: 3 people
April 15-May 20

Keep in mind that graduate transfers, and I'm not sure on this but quite possibly regular transfers don't sign LOI's. So you're eliminating those recruits when you ask that, that leaves JUCO and HS kids.

If you haven't been following there's been a lot of smoke around Ebuka Izundu, he had signed with UNC-C in the early period, but due to a coaching change got his release. Because of this, he technically can't sign another LOI either, so that eliminates him from your list.

If you're simoly asking are we going to add anyone to the roster by May 20? I think the answer is absolutely. In my opinion within the next 7 days or so you're gonna hear a lot more news about possible additions and visits that will take place.

Next Saturday is the Orange & White game, Tennessee has 5 official visits left to use prior to July 1st, which by then they'd ideally like to have their roster set. I would anticipate at least 3 official visitors for next weekends game, could be more, but I think that's a realistic number at this point.

One reason you're not hearing a ton of news is because of the fact they've only got 5 official visits left to use, and have 3, and quite possibly 4 spots to fill. What does that mean? That they can't just call up 25 available recruits, offer them all a scholarship, and ask them to come take an official visit, they're having to be very selective and do a lot of work prior to offering a spot or a visit.

The list is small, and honestly could be smaller than this, but as of right now I would say these are really the only guys they're actively recruiting and trying to get to visit.

Dylan Ennis, Anthony Collins, Rasheed Suliamon, Kobe Eubanks, Shonn Miller, Ray Kasongo, Mark Tollefsen and Ebuka Izundu

Reactions: 4 people
April 15-May 20

Keep in mind that graduate transfers, and I'm not sure on this but quite possibly regular transfers don't sign LOI's. So you're eliminating those recruits when you ask that, that leaves JUCO and HS kids.

If you haven't been following there's been a lot of smoke around Ebuka Izundu, he had signed with UNC-C in the early period, but due to a coaching change got his release. Because of this, he technically can't sign another LOI either, so that eliminates him from your list.

If you're simoly asking are we going to add anyone to the roster by May 20? I think the answer is absolutely. In my opinion within the next 7 days or so you're gonna hear a lot more news about possible additions and visits that will take place.

Next Saturday is the Orange & White game, Tennessee has 5 official visits left to use prior to July 1st, which by then they'd ideally like to have their roster set. I would anticipate at least 3 official visitors for next weekends game, could be more, but I think that's a realistic number at this point.

One reason you're not hearing a ton of news is because of the fact they've only got 5 official visits left to use, and have 3, and quite possibly 4 spots to fill. What does that mean? That they can't just call up 25 available recruits, offer them all a scholarship, and ask them to come take an official visit, they're having to be very selective and do a lot of work prior to offering a spot or a visit.

The list is small, and honestly could be smaller than this, but as of right now I would say these are really the only guys they're actively recruiting and trying to get to visit.

Dylan Ennis, Anthony Collins, Rasheed Suliamon, Kobe Eubanks, Shonn Miller, Ray Kasongo, Mark Tollefsen and Ebuka Izundu

This!!!

well thought out....seems to have grasp on the issue..........and grammatically correct....am I on the right website???

Reactions: 3 people
Using the process of elimination, who do you think it may be?

Honestly it's a guessing game, you could make a case for a lot of guys IMO

Reese- could possibly graduate this summer and transfer somewhere where he feels he'll have a bigger role

Moore- could possibly graduate this summer and transfer somewhere where he feels he'll have a bigger role

Punter- could possibly graduate this summer and transfer somewhere where he feels he'll have a bigger role

Baulkman- could possibly graduate this summer and transfer somewhere where he feels he'll have a bigger role/could feel shoulder isn't gonna get better and just wants a medical scholarship to finish his degree

Hubbs- may want to go somewhere with more continuity

Mostella- may not wanna play for someone besides Tyndall, wants to find a new home and staff he's comfortable with

Carmichael- may not wanna play for someone besides Tyndall, wants to find a new home and staff he's comfortable with

McGhee- may not wanna play for someone besides Tyndall, wants to find a new home and staff he's comfortable with

Reese- could possibly graduate this summer and transfer somewhere where he feels he'll have a bigger role

Moore- could possibly graduate this summer and transfer somewhere where he feels he'll have a bigger role

Punter- could possibly graduate this summer and transfer somewhere where he feels he'll have a bigger role

Baulkman- could possibly graduate this summer and transfer somewhere where he feels he'll have a bigger role/could feel shoulder isn't gonna get better and just wants a medical scholarship to finish his degree

Mostella- may not wanna play for someone besides Tyndall, wants to find a new home and staff he's comfortable with

Carmichael- may not wanna play for someone besides Tyndall, wants to find a new home and staff he's comfortable with

McGhee- may not wanna play for someone besides Tyndall, wants to find a new home and staff he's comfortable with

You just had to add the last one, here we go again .....😄

Reactions: 1 person

Well factor out McGhee.. He is staying. He's not attached to a coach, just the game. Anyways, he likes Lanier.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back