What chance does CRB really have

Nocleats

I posted this in another thread, but I have heard that CDT used up almost all of Tennessees official visits for this year. If that is true does CRB really have much chance of bringing in an impact type of class that can change outlook for next season?

Pretty slim. The impact class won't arrive until the 2016-2017 season.

Basically people its like this. Close your eyes and try to see what's going on in the world. You can't. And right now because with Tyndall every move he made it seemed like we knew about. Barnes seems to be in stealth mode. No one seems to be following him to the outhouse and back. So we don't know what's going on with this staff as much.

Reactions: 4 people
I posted this in another thread, but I have heard that CDT used up almost all of Tennessees official visits for this year. If that is true does CRB really have much chance of bringing in an impact type of class that can change outlook for next season?

He didn't use them all, I dont have the number but I would guess Barnes has about 4-5 left, but that's why he's being picky with who they're after. VQ is saying look for Schofield and Phillips to UOV for the spring game, Barnes is also looking to bring in a few guys on OV's that weekend, possibly Izundu and I'm gueessing maybe Collins or Ennis.

Reactions: 1 person
He didn't use them all, I dont have the number but I would guess Barnes has about 4-5 left, but that's why he's being picky with who they're after. VQ is saying look for Schofield and Phillips to UOV for the spring game, Barnes is also looking to bring in a few guys on OV's that weekend, possibly Izundu and I'm gueessing maybe Collins or Ennis.

That would make sense to use the orange and white game as a bug recruiting weekend. Honestly I think fans are still trying to get in trust mode.

In his interviews he also said they only have so many days left they can go out on the road (I guess those are limited too). So not only do they not have many OV left but they also can't just be out everywhere either. He's having to be very selective on both fronts.

I think the number left is 5. So, and that is until July 1, I believe. Then, it starts over.

He just needs to be selective.

In his interviews he also said they only have so many days left they can go out on the road (I guess those are limited too). So not only do they not have many OV left but they also can't just be out everywhere either. He's having to be very selective on both fronts.

Correct, Tyndall used up a lot of the OV's and evaluation days, calendar resets July 1 but that's late in the year for 2015 help.

I think there are enough guys out there from a grad transfer standpoint that we he can find some guys to help. Maybe not huge impact but help. He seemed pretty confident in his Basilio interview though.

I would like a grad transfer PG and PF/C. Then a big man signee. If we have another spot open then get me a shooter than can fill it up.

The Basketball program is at the same level in talent or below the talent level, like the football team when DD left, take a little time.

Reactions: 2 people
I believe Barnes will work really hard with what we have now! I believe we will look better than we did last year and better than all of the predictions!

BTW: BTO, I SAID HI in another thread! NO REPLY? Im happy to see you back!!!! :D

Our best hope is that we can get a few graduate transfers that visit on their dime or have already been to UT at some point on a visit and have a relationship with CRB and staff. He has really been put in a bad situation for this recruiting class. But next class could be pretty good by UT recruiting standards. Think Barnes could bring in atleast as good and probably better players than Pearl did. Pearl proved that UT can get elite basketball players and consistently get to the NCAA tourney. We obviously won't consistently bring in UK, N.Carol or Duke type talent but he won't be expected to do that. Being a weaker Basketball Conf compared to the ACC, Big 12, Big 10 and PAC 12 there is no reason not to be a top 3-5 team in the SEC in most yrs.

We are about to find out if Barnes will land any of the remaining recruits. Given Barnes past recruiting successes, I am hopeful that he will land some good ones.

Probably would already had been if it wasn't for the attention being drawn to a certain somebody else lol

VN Store

Back