USF Grad-Transfer Anthony Collins 6'1 PG

iKrager

Figured I'd make the thread for him since I don't want to go back to studying.

USF Transfer point guard who will be eligibile immediate. Tennessee was named in Collins' final top 3 (along with Georgetown and Baylor).

Collins averaged 7.1 ppg/2.6 rpg/1.5spg and 5.2 apg/2.4 TOpg this past season. His stats got progressively worse each year, which is interesting to note.

Anthony Collins Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - South Florida Bulls - ESPN

Here's some of his offensive game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07gjVQurvtk

Interesting to note, Barnes recruited Anthony Collins at Texas but Collins chose USF because it was in the Big East - which at the time was one of the best conferences. Cool to know Barnes still had his foot in the door.

Where did you see that about Barnes and Collins, I thought I had read he didn't recruit him to Texas?

Ever since Collins’ arrival at USF, he was surrounded by lingering rumors that he wanted a transfer closer to his hometown of Houston. He was recruited by Texas programs out of high school, but signed with the Bulls and then-Coach Stan Heath “because USF was in a power conference (Big East) and that’s what I wanted.’’

http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/report-usf-point-guard-collins-to-transfer-20150323/

TBH, I read this wrong. Thought it said Texas but it says "Texas schools".

Last edited:
http://tbo.com/sports/colleges/usf-bulls/report-usf-point-guard-collins-to-transfer-20150323/

TBH, I read this wrong. Thought it said Texas but it says "Texas schools".

Last sentence basically says it wasn't texas...says USF was in a power conference is why he chose them, makes it sound like maybe Houston or North Texas type of schools were recruiting him.

@JonRothstein: USF transfer Anthony Collins will visit Texas A & M later this week, source told @CBSSports. Baylor + Tenn. in mix. Immediately eligible.

A&M wasn't in his final 3, interesting.

@JonRothstein: USF transfer Anthony Collins will visit Texas A & M later this week, source told @CBSSports. Baylor + Tenn. in mix. Immediately eligible.

A&M wasn't in his final 3, interesting.

With Stansbury on their staff they are going to get their feet in a lot of doors. I saw some of his work when I had some AAU connections and lets just say he didn't leave any "angle" unturned.

Why was Stansbury canned at Miss State? Record alone? Coaching? or Control. Thought he might be considered here. Texas A&M seems to be making some solid hires in all Sports.

Why was Stansbury canned at Miss State? Record alone? Coaching? or Control. Thought he might be considered here. Texas A&M seems to be making some solid hires in all Sports.

I don't KNOW the answers, but I do know that I always had the feeling that he must be cheating, to get all the good players to come to Miss. St. I have seen some insinuations to that effect, but nothing really concrete.

I have a friend who is a big MSU fan and connected there. Stansbury had lost control. The Renardo Sydney experiment became a circus. While Stansbury was having winning seasons near the end, he missed the NCAAT his last 3 seasons and it wasn't enough to justify the loss of control. I have never asked directly about the rumors of Stansbury's shady recruiting, but we all know that is part of college basketball. "Cheating" happens at many places. If they had known that Rick Ray would still struggle in year 3, they may not have fired him. Just like with us though, just because you made a bad hire doesn't mean it was a bad firing. They are now very happy with Howland. They believe Howland and the commitment of Newman has changed the course of their program in the last 30 days.

Last edited:
@JonRothstein: BREAKING: USF transfer Anthony Collins has committed to Texas A & M, source told @CBSSports. Immediately eligible. Story coming.

Wonder when the last time was the SEC had 3 schools in the top 6 recruiting classes.(per 247 and so far)

VN Store

Back