Rasheed Salaimon Duke Transfer from Texas, do we want?

iKrager

The first player ever officially dismissed during Coach K's tenure. Rasheed is from Texas and was a consensus 5* SG out of high school. Texas was in his final top 5. EVEN if he didn't graduate (read below), I believe he could get a "run-off" waiver similar to the one Dominic got.

NCAAM #14 Rasheed Sulaimon - ESPN

2. Rasheed Sulaimon, Duke -- It didn’t work out the way everyone thought for the talented wing out of Texas. Sulaimon spent much of his time in Durham on Coach K's bad side and was ultimately dismissed from the program earlier this season. Sulaimon will try to graduate this summer so he can play his final season next school year as a graduate student for another program.
-ESPN

Any idea why he was dismissed? If we want someone who can play and play well then he would fit nicely. If he didn't do anything extremely wrong then I don't see why not.

This all depends on why he was dismissed.

Edit: now that I know why he was dismissed, then that's a NO

Last edited:
Maybe some of these kids would think twice about doing stupid stuff if other schools refused to recruit them for the stupid stuff they did at other schools. :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
He is the first guy K has ever kicked off his team. Ever. Guy was a cancer at duke according to everything I have heard and on top of that he is being investigated for sexual assault. I say PASS

Reactions: 3 people
The first player ever officially dismissed during Coach K's tenure. Rasheed is from Texas and was a consensus 5* SG out of high school. Texas was in his final top 5. EVEN if he didn't graduate (read below), I believe he could get a "run-off" waiver similar to the one Dominic got.

-ESPN

Need shooting guards and big guys. Rick Barnes has this covered. It is a lot easier to build a basketball program back up that it is a football team. We are in good hands on both fronts now. For once we can relax we got good coaches in basketball and football. :dance2::eek:k:

Reactions: 1 person
From what I'm reading, he and Coach K never got along in the first place even before the investigation. If you can't get along with Coach K, I doubt you'd get along with Rick Barnes. Tyndall would take him in a heart beat lol

Reactions: 2 people

-ESPN

Wasn't he a running back from Colorado?

;-)

Tennesseeduke

VN Store

Back