'15 FL SG/SF Kobe Eubanks

Raphael

6'5" 212
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Rivals

Originally signed with Baylor, but had to go the prep route I believe. Was trending towards Texas before the coaching changes.

Do we need more SG/SF? We've got it covered with Mostella, Punter, Baulkman, Hubbs, Phillips and Schofield, don't you think? We need a center or PG. I'd be surprised if we took this guy unless he's a flat out instant contributor.

Reactions: 1 person
Georgia was also on him HARD before he committed. Could be something to watch.

He would be a great pickup. Better than the current commits. He and Phillips would be a good set of wings for this class. Need a pg and true c though.

Would have been better if Barnes was fired last year, we hired him and then picked up Myles Turner.

Interesting prospect. Dont know if we would need him with all the guys we have that fit this position type.

Last edited:
I mean we are going to have 3 schollys to fill. I think a PG, a C, and another SG/SF type player. This kid is a good 4* on 247 sports, and has some good offers and teams looking at him. I think we should take Eubanks if he gives us a look, and then maybe a grad transfer PG, and PF/C. That I think would be a really good scenario.

Do we need more SG/SF? We've got it covered with Mostella, Punter, Baulkman, Hubbs, Phillips and Schofield, don't you think? We need a center or PG. I'd be surprised if we took this guy unless he's a flat out instant contributor.

He can shoot the ball which is something we need. I think if we do only end up having 3 scholarships to spend, we need a PG and a C who can both play near 30 mpg for sure. The other spot he can get creative with. Also it's still early in the coaching change. I wouldn't be shocked if someone else ends up deciding to leave.

I forgot where I read this but Barnes said something about how he would start recruiting pretty hard after the dead period and how he wants to have his assistants set by then so he can jump in and start getting some players. This is probably common sense but thought I would mention.

Also I have no idea who we will be going after.

I forgot where I read this but Barnes said something about how he would start recruiting pretty hard after the dead period and how he wants to have his assistants set by then so he can jump in and start getting some players. This is probably common sense but thought I would mention.

Also I have no idea who we will be going after.
Dead period ends on the 9th.
5 days to go hard before the next one.
More of a window than tyndall had when he was hired.
See if there's a difference.

Last edited:
Although a pg and c is what we need, if could get this guy it would be a good addition considering Baulkman, Moore and Punter will be seniors.

Things like that have a way or working themselves out. If Barnes thought he was good enough to play for him at Texas, then he's good enough to play for him at Tennessee.

If we have to put a small lineup on the court as our best chance to win, then that's what we'll do. You can't totally compensate for a lack of size, but there are many things you can do to mitigate it. The most important thing, as always, is talent. Better a 6-5 guy who can play than a 6-10 one who can't.

Reactions: 2 people
Things like that have a way or working themselves out. If Barnes thought he was good enough to play for him at Texas, then he's good enough to play for him at Tennessee.

If we have to put a small lineup on the court as our best chance to win, then that's what we'll do. You can't totally compensate for a lack of size, but there are many things you can do to mitigate it. The most important thing, as always, is talent. Better a 6-5 guy who can play than a 6-10 one who can't.
Though I agree, I'd rather have this guy than Pops. But we already have an abundance of players on the wing, how will he fit in this year's line up? We will have 5-6 wing players.. Yes 2017-18 we will lose Moore, Punter, Baulkman, Reese. We will still have Hubbs, Phillips, Schofield, and Mostella. You know what I meant. Unless this guy can contribute immediately this year, it only clusters our roster even more. Where will Phillips fit in? Will Mostella shine or fall flat? This year we were short on size, and it's obvious that is our biggest weakness - regardless who coaches our team, a lack of size is still a huge issue and concern. Especially with Owens leaving.

Ps, he didn't even have an offer from Texas according to Rivals.

Last edited:
New Tennessee head basketball coach Rick Barnes is in just his third day on the job but he already is significantly upgrading the Vols’ recruiting efforts. He appears to have a good shot at landing three highly touted players when the spring signing period commences April 15.
They are:
-Ray Kasongo, a 6-foot-9, 235-pound junior college power forward from College of Southern Idaho.
-Kobie Eubanks, a 6-foot-5, 210-pound shooting guard from Elev-8 Sports Institute in Delray Beach, Florida.
-Marcus LoVett, a 5-foot-11, 165-pound point guard from Morgan Park High in Chicago.
...Scout

New Tennessee head basketball coach Rick Barnes is in just his third day on the job but he already is significantly upgrading the Vols’ recruiting efforts. He appears to have a good shot at landing three highly touted players when the spring signing period commences April 15.
They are:
-Ray Kasongo, a 6-foot-9, 235-pound junior college power forward from College of Southern Idaho.
-Kobie Eubanks, a 6-foot-5, 210-pound shooting guard from Elev-8 Sports Institute in Delray Beach, Florida.
-Marcus LoVett, a 5-foot-11, 165-pound point guard from Morgan Park High in Chicago.
...Scout
Take on all 3

VN Store

Back