Marshall staying at Wichita State

lyansaine

Gregg Marshall to remain head coach of Wichita State Shockers

With Marshall out of the picture for Alabama, it's looking more and more like UT will somehow pull off the best hire in the conference this offseason. Sure, you could make a case for Howland, but regardless it's pretty amazing considering where we were a few days ago.

Hate to say it, but Hart deserves some credit for this.

Reactions: 14 people
Man, Marshall isn't ever going to leave Wichita State it seems like. I guess he's waiting on a blue blood job to come open. 3 million per year at Wichita State, wow, just wow. So, whose next on the list for Bammer? Any names being thrown out there?

Man, Marshall isn't ever going to leave Wichita State it seems like. I guess he's waiting on a blue blood job to come open. 3 million per year at Wichita State, wow, just wow. So, whose next on the list for Bammer? Any names being thrown out there?
Donnie Tyndall. :)

Reactions: 5 people
The right job hasn't came available yet. Wait until Indiana axes Crean.

I wonder if Marshall is developing a reputation for being a "Pre-Madonna"? He goes through this ish every year with the same outcome. He's a great coach but it's been said his personality is what cost him the job a few years ago.

Pitino Jr is the hot name right now.

Reactions: 1 person
Anybody see Seth Greenberg's comment on Finebaum yesterday evening? Said Bama may be willing to pay more money for a BB HC, but UT is a better job for a BB HC because the Vols' fanbase is so much more passionate about BB.

#SethGreenberglovesUT.

Reactions: 8 people

With Marshall out of the picture for Alabama, it's looking more and more like UT will somehow pull off the best hire in the conference this offseason. Sure, you could make a case for Howland, but regardless it's pretty amazing considering where we were a few days ago.

So the best or second best out of 3. Yeah, at least we didn't make the worst hire.

Time will tell, however. They could hire a guy like Michael White and it may end up being the best hire made this offseason.

I'm hoping for Pitino though :)

Reactions: 2 people
I wonder if Marshall is developing a reputation for being a "Pre-Madonna"?

Yea, CGM was born in 1963 and Madonna was born in 1958, so he is post-Madonna in that sense.

As far as their popularity, Madonna started her rise to fame in the early 80's with hits like "Like a Virgin" in 1984. CGM didn't get his first head coaching job until 1998. So that confirms he is definitely Post-Madonna. :pilot:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I wonder if Marshall is developing a reputation for being a "Pre-Madonna"? He goes through this ish every year with the same outcome. He's a great coach but it's been said his personality is what cost him the job a few years ago.

I have heard and read rumors that Marshall thinks rather highly of himself and is probably waiting out a job like Kansas, UNC or Kentucky.

Reactions: 1 person
Greg Marshall could probably get whatever he wants to stay there for the duration of his career.
He should negotiate to move the school to Destin. They just might do it.

Article in the Montgomery Advertiser said that Battle offered $3.3 mil and had $4 mil on the table. Sure says a lot about someone not wanting to live in Tuscaloosa.

Reactions: 4 people
Anybody see Seth Greenberg's comment on Finebaum yesterday evening? Said Bama may be willing to pay more money for a BB HC, but UT is a better job for a BB HC because the Vols' fanbase is so much more passionate about BB.

#SethGreenberglovesUT.

It's true.

If you get down to comparing basketball fanbases in relation to their AD budget, Alabama may be the worst bball fanbase in the SEC.

I was just moving found a bathroom box in the kitchen.

Last edited:

Hate to say it? You're pretty much admitting that you just don't like the guy regardless of how he does his job.

He's a good AD. Anyone else who thinks otherwise simply doesn't have facts and logic behind them...just misplaced emotion.

Reactions: 2 people
It's true.

If you get down to comparing basketball fanbases in relation to their AD budget, Alabama may be the worst bball fanbase in the SEC.

Finally this basketball program is part of the real hoops regal society. Barnes and his staff can walk in and recruit any player the country going forward. A lot of programs can not even sniff around these five star elite prospects except on rare occasions.

VN Store

Back