Player defections

1985Vols

So do you think we lose any players off the current team besides J Rich? I hope we can definitely keep Underclassmen Mostella, McGhee, Owens and Carmichael. Also need Punter, Baulkman, Moore and Hubbs to return. Any " inside" info Aunti Dee?

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully Barnes can bring in some talent because some of those guys were just plain hard to watch this year

Reactions: 5 people
AuntieDee said Jabarie was with Owens, So hopefully he talked to him and we can keep him, but if it had to be anybody I would say Owens and Charmichael.

AuntieDee said Jabarie was with Owens, So hopefully he talked to him and we can keep him, but if it had to be anybody I would say Owens and Charmichael.

Hopefully they all do their research and see what a great job Barnes has done with his bigs over the years. I think we keep them all as they all have a ton of upside.

Moore, Reese, Punter, and Baulkman should all be back. It makes no sense sitting a year before your senior year. I'd love for Mostella, Hubbs, Owens, and Mcghee to stay. But I'm sure a few of them will leave. This roster might look rough next season.

I believe Hubbs will stay. He didn't go no where last year, and he finally started to seem to becoming into his own. This can be his team next year. If he bought into staying and playing for Tyndall, surely he will buy into Barnes considering his resume. Hubbs always appeared to generally want to be at UT, even in HS. He grew up loving the orange from my understanding.

Reactions: 3 people
Moore, Reese, Punter, and Baulkman should all be back. It makes no sense sitting a year before your senior year. I'd love for Mostella, Hubbs, Owens, and Mcghee to stay. But I'm sure a few of them will leave. This roster might look rough next season.

FWIW, McGhee has used his redshirt. Mostella, Owens, and C3 still have their's available.

I'll say this about Barnes. He genuinely wants to keep as many guys as he can. He is calling them his players and that is really cool, however the fact of the matter for the younger guys is they might be recruited over come 2016 or 2017 so we might see more defections later or some may dart earlier because of contrast of styles. All I know is that by 2016-2017 season we should have a guy over 6'10" for the first time in a long time. Hopefully more than one as well.

I'll say this about Barnes. He genuinely wants to keep as many guys as he can. He is calling them his players and that is really cool, however the fact of the matter for the younger guys is they might be recruited over come 2016 or 2017 so we might see more defections later or some may dart earlier because of contrast of styles. All I know is that by 2016-2017 season we should have a guy over 6'10" for the first time in a long time. Hopefully more than one as well.

He did say that they were all his players now, but he also said that he'd be meeting with each one individually. He did not say there is 100% certainty that every one of them will remain on the team. He still might encourage some to leave if it's in the best interest of either party.

None of them will leave if they're smart.

Hell, even if they're not smart...all they need to be able to do is Google "Kevin Durant" and that should seal the deal. Maybe throw in "LaMarcus Aldridge" for good measure.

Yeah, I live in Portland.

Reactions: 1 person
I honestly don't believe we'll lose anybody except maybe Mostella and Carmichael. I definitely don't think we'll lose Hubbs. I think we'll lose Mostella Carmichael and maybe Owens, but the KEY guys I don't think we'll lose.

I honestly don't believe we'll lose anybody except maybe Mostella and Carmichael. I definitely don't think we'll lose Hubbs. I think we'll lose Mostella Carmichael and maybe Owens, but the KEY guys I don't think we'll lose.

Who are our key guys?

Reactions: 2 people
One thing is for sure...none of these players will follow Tyndall like sometimes happens with a coaching change.

Reactions: 2 people
So do you think we lose any players off the current team besides J Rich? I hope we can definitely keep Underclassmen Mostella, McGhee, Owens and Carmichael. Also need Punter, Baulkman, Moore and Hubbs to return. Any " inside" info Aunti Dee?

As of right now, they ALL or on board unless CRB makes a cut. :thumbsup:

Reactions: 6 people

As of right now, they ALL are on board unless CRB makes a cut. They have already done their homework on the coach and his history. :thumbsup:

Reactions: 16 people

VN Store

Back