Barnes Day One

Barnes to the current players, "I go to the tournament and put players in the league. Any questions?"

Reactions: 6 people
Well I guess he's officially apart of the Vol family. As to how many tourney appearances he will have in his first 5 years, I'll say 2.

Barnes seems to be very much an anti-Bruce like Cuonzo was. He doesn't seem to be an attention h@e... he seems happy sharing the attention with his team.

Reactions: 3 people

He just instantly gained my respect. That was actually touching. I believe we have a man who really gets it. Just like Butch knows what this is all about, Rick does too. They are here to develop young men and to create a culture that thrives on integrity and on relationships and selflessness.

I am 1000% on the Rick Barnes bandwagon. Now let's get back to being proud of our program and making the Tennessee athletic department something to be feared by opponents.

Reactions: 5 people
Must be the reason Texas fired him. He recruited too many one and dones. I think we hired another loser.

We will have to just see. He did go to the tourney this past year. Not like he stunk it up. Let's be realistic here. He does go to the toruney a lot and that truly is the definition of success at our program. We are not Kentucky, we don't expect championships of the national sort. However we do expect to watch more basketball come March. The coach we adore only took us to the elite 8 once so championships are not a requirement.If you question can he win big here, the answer is big enough for our fan base. just my opinion and your entitled to yours.

Reactions: 1 person
This might sound strange, but my favorite thing he said yesterday was his answer to Hyams's question, "will you try to bring over any Texas commitments?" He said, "Absolutely not! Those kids committed to that school."
It doesn't help us any right now, but I love that about him. Makes me feel great about the future of our basketball program. We know he can win but it seems like he may instill a bit of integrity while he's at it.

Reactions: 3 people
This might sound strange, but my favorite thing he said yesterday was his answer to Hyams's question, "will you try to bring over any Texas commitments?" He said, "Absolutely not! Those kids committed to that school."
It doesn't help us any right now, but I love that about him. Makes me feel great about the future of our basketball program. We know he can win but it seems like he may instill a bit of integrity while he's at it.

Hopefully he's not as passive as Cuonzo was with the verbal commitments to other schools though. CCM was taking no for an answer and giving up way too soon. Agree though that if he recruited them to Texas and they agreed to go there that the correct thing to do in those cases is to keep your distance.

VN Store

Back