Here's the deal. .

Well, I didn't like the idea when I first heard his name, but the idea is growing on me...As long as he can turn heads with his recruiting, then I can accept the fact that he may not be the world's greatest on-the-floor tactician...

Dale brown comes to mind...He could recruit like crazy, but it seemed that he wanted to just roll the ball out there and let them play...He did win a lot of games that way...

I just posted a thread about all of the coaches in the SEC. Barnes hasn't won a Championship like Cal and Donovan have, but he has had an incredible amount of success. The SEC got a WHOLE lot tougher with the additions of Howland and Barnes.

One of the things I like about it is we've hired within the "club". He's well respected by all the big time coaches/programs, best I can tell.

I just posted a thread about all of the coaches in the SEC. Barnes hasn't won a Championship like Cal and Donovan have, but he has had an incredible amount of success. The SEC got a WHOLE lot tougher with the additions of Howland and Barnes.

Hopefully it stops there. Don't want to see an "elite" coach at Bama too

Bama finally gets their Derek Dooley. A coach making a living off of his last name.

Have at it, Bama!

Definitely. We went from one of the worst to one of the top three.

Let's see:

Calipari
Donovan
Pearl
Anderson
Barnes

or

Calipari
Donovan
Barnes
Anderson
Pearl

or

Calipari
Donovan
Anderson
Pearl
Barnes

I think Anderson, Barnes and Pearl are interchangeable.

You wouldn't get that with hiring an up and comer.

Anyone else feel like this was a move Hart just couldn't screw up? This kind of just fell right into his lap. Timing was perfect. I mean, kudos for opening up the checkbook. But....this was nearly a can't miss hire. He wanted us, and when a 600+ win, 22 time NCAA tourney bid coach wants you, you say yes.

VN Store

Back