Coaching that long with one team?

Dougie_D

I just imagine this could be like Bobby Knight. He coached at Indiana, then went to Texas Tech. He did well, but eventually retired when things weren't going too well.

The question is, how long will Rick Barnes want to stay here? 4-6 years?

I'll give him 3 or 4 years max. He's 60 now, and probably would've retired now if Tennessee didn't come calling.

Hopefully he has at least 6-8 strong years left in him. I don't like the idea of only being here 3-4 years, even if they were an awesome 3-4 years.

He seems to respect his assts alot - one of them might be a capable replacement when he retires

He seems to respect his assts alot - one of them might be a capable replacement when he retires

Wasn't that the reason why he got fired? The AD wanted staff changes and he didn't do it. Which staffer was the AD referring to?

I just imagine this could be like Bobby Knight. He coached at Indiana, then went to Texas Tech. He did well, but eventually retired when things weren't going too well.

The question is, how long will Rick Barnes want to stay here? 4-6 years?

This is exactly why this is not the best long term hire. I will support him, but I'm not a fan of this hire. I'm sure he will do okay but I think we will once again be looking for a new coach in 5 years.

VN Store

Back