Mathematical Analysis of Achievement in the Tourney

Don't forget about Lute Olson. Second to last. Gene Keady (HOFer), Jamie Dixon, Bob Huggins, John Thompson. A lot of good coaches have problems winning in the NCAA tourney, b/c its hard. Izzo wins because he is one of the best ever. Barnes doesn't have to be the best ever. He just has to be better than Counzo, Tyndall, Buzz, Wade Houston, and equal to Pearl. We will see. Thanks for sharing the link though. Very cool info.

Reactions: 1 person
Barnes doesn't even have to be equal to Pearl. He just needs to leave the program in good-enough shape for the next guy. I feel like that's not exactly a hard job to do.

Barnes doesn't even have to be equal to Pearl. He just needs to leave the program in good-enough shape for the next guy. I feel like that's not exactly a hard job to do.

This. He is taking care and overseeing it for 5-7 years and will hand it off better than it is now. Good hire but Barnes has no reason not to succeed so let's get cracking.

There are few missing pieces to these stats that should be taken into consideration, but I like Tom Izzo, I believe he is a hardworking and very smart coach, but most importantly, I think his players really like him.

Go Vols!

I agree. Our program was at the point where we invested in a stock like GE instead of a penny stock. It may be boring and conservative, but it has a solid history and will slowly make money (or improve).

Reactions: 1 person
It's also important to note: In order to have high tournament expectations, Texas had to perform well enough in the regular season to receive a high seed.

Reactions: 2 people
The Legend Of Tom Izzo Grows | FiveThirtyEight

Notice who is last. My last arrow in the assault on Barnes, hoping against hope that this falls through. Again, Barnes is Mr. Underachiever.

This is actually pretty devastating. You should post it in one or more of the active Barnes threads. If people realized that this stats guy is no hack, then there might be a collective sigh of despair.

This is why he is out at ut. Of course the overwhelming sentiment on here is just get us to the tournamen. who cares about winning just get us there.

VN Store

Back