Offer Kentucky Money and

WiseOlVol

see who shows up. It's not that complicated.

I don't want to hear that so-and-so is the best we can get. Hogwash.

Or, UT is not a destination program. It takes about 2 years to become one.

Reactions: 4 people
see who shows up. It's not that complicated.

I don't want to hear that so-and-so is the best we can get. Hogwash.

Or, UT is not a destination program. It takes about 2 years to become one.

So pay the basketball coach double what the football coach makes?

Reactions: 4 people
I got a starting donation to make it happen..

monopoly-money.jpg

By the way OP, what you are asking for isn't realistic...

Reactions: 9 people
God,at first I thought this was a thread wanting cal, I was about to go off,no way would I want that slimeball.

Reactions: 7 people
A man who can't even afford eyebrows is not going to have the funds to land the type of coach we really want.

A man who can't even afford eyebrows is not going to have the funds to land the type of coach we really want.

With all due respect, hogwash.

We have or can get the money.

The reality is that the Ath Dept is now up against ponying up the money to get real or telling fans we're going to give you a 2nd-class product and we're ok with it.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't understand why it has to compare with football. If Butch isn't happy with his salary he should ask for a raise. To get a great coach don't worry what the other horses in the barn are being fed. Open up a bag of oats and see who trots up to the stall.

Reactions: 1 person
With all due respect, hogwash.

We have or can get the money.

The reality is that the Ath Dept is now up against ponying up the money to get real or telling fans we're going to give you a 2nd-class product and we're ok with it.

I hope you're right.
I'd like Dave to land the best coach possible this time no matter what he has to do to pony up the dough.

Seems like Pat had to be given a raise too when TN ponied up for Bruce. Wasn't it Bruce's pay that she had "feelings" about?

That's the way I remember it. UT felt like they couldn't give the men's coach significantly more than their "proven" women's coach, at least early on.

I got a starting donation to make it happen..

monopoly-money.jpg

By the way OP, what you are asking for isn't realistic...

For many, this is how they truly see the finances at UT. UT isn't broke and the situation is improving, but we aren't as strong as we need to be yet either. The idea we can go pay $5+ mil for a basketball coach is ridiculous. Typical attitude when the money isn't coming out of ones own pocket. For the right guy, I think we can push $2-3 mil tho.

They have SEC network money rolling in. They can pay whatever they want to pay. If they go cheap it's because they chose to not because they had to. Anyone who thinks UTK can't afford a splash hire is lowering the bar and hurting the program IMO.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back