Donnie Tyndall Punishment

Coug

What are the repercussions for a coach committing level 1 and/or level 2 NCAA violations?

Is he looking at a 3 year show-cause similar to Pearl?

What are the repercussions for a coach committing level 1 and/or level 2 NCAA violations?

Is he looking at a 3 year show-cause similar to Pearl?

I read somewhere that they think min of one yr with max of 3. I think he will at least get one which is why they let him go.

If I were Tyndall, I would start sending my resume to any friends that I may have in the NBA, because he won't be coaching in the NcAA again anytime soon.

Reactions: 2 people
Oh, I thought you had news on what his punishment would be although we don't even know what the charges are yet.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh, I thought you had news on what his punishment would be although we don't even know what the charges are yet.

No, I don't think we'll know that for months since the NCAA takes forever to not only investigate anything but to then pass down a punishment.

I think the NCAA, as not only a request but a courtesy to the school, told them what they felt Tyndall had done and the severity of it.

Our luck, when the investigation is complete, the truth comes out and Tyndall only gets a slap on the wrist.

.....and we've fired a hell of a coach...who took absolutely nothing a won with them. This team had nothing outside of Josh Richardson. They were competitive in every game this year, with nothing!

Reactions: 3 people
You don't have to be a lawyer to know that impeding a NCAA investigation is going to bring the heat. May be the most severe of his problems. Word on the street is he will be banned at least a year. He is a repeat offender and the NCAA brings all hell when they believe a coach doesn't repent.

What level of violation did Syracuse or North Carolina have ? There's fraud all over the place there. Why do they still have coaches ? What level was a barbeque ? If I was Tyndall I might pursue suing the NCAA over unfair punishment based upon their selective enforcement of their own rules. At some point somebody has to stand up to them.

Reactions: 7 people
What level of violation did Syracuse or North Carolina have ? There's fraud all over the place there. Why do they still have coaches ? What level was a barbeque ? If I was Tyndall I might pursue suing the NCAA over unfair punishment based upon their selective enforcement of their own rules. At some point somebody has to stand up to them.

The NCAA deemed that the issues at Syracuse and North Carolina happened before some rules changed in 2012. The penalties were much less severe then. The punishments are a lot more severe now than they were in 2012 before the rule change.

Pearl's bbq wasn't so bad. The punishment was for the way he handled the investigation.

Reactions: 3 people
I read somewhere that they think min of one yr with max of 3. I think he will at least get one which is why they let him go.

If they thought he was only going to be in the NCAA pokey for a year, I think they would have kept him. You can work under a show-cause, and a few people have, but the NCAA probably would have forbidden him from doing any recruiting at all during that period. My guess is that he's getting three years, like Pearl did.

Rob Senderoff, one of Kelvin Sampson's assistants during Sampson's cheating, got hit with a show-cause after he'd moved on to Kent, but Kent kept him with an NCAA-mandated ban on recruiting, and he eventually became their head coach, and has done well.

If they thought he was only going to be in the NCAA pokey for a year, I think they would have kept him. You can work under a show-cause, and a few people have, but the NCAA probably would have forbidden him from doing any recruiting at all during that period. My guess is that he's getting three years, like Pearl did.

Rob Senderoff, one of Kelvin Sampson's assistants during Sampson's cheating, got hit with a show-cause after he'd moved on to Kent, but Kent kept him with an NCAA-mandated ban on recruiting, and he eventually became their head coach, and has done well.

I don't know of any major program that has kept a coach with a show cause.

If we did we would be inviting the NCAA to come into our house and start digging for infractions. It would be unbelievably foolish to take that risk.

Reactions: 2 people
Our luck, when the investigation is complete, the truth comes out and Tyndall only gets a slap on the wrist.

.....and we've fired a hell of a coach...who took absolutely nothing a won with them. This team had nothing outside of Josh Richardson. They were competitive in every game this year, with nothing!

I think we'll end up better.

What I want to know is what the heck can you do at friggin Southern Miss to attract such penalties?

VN Store

Back