Poll, Will new hire be known or a WTH?

Who will Hart Hire, or Saddle us with??

• Total voters

Chilmonty

Obviously, ESPN HATES US!
Simple poll, will our next coach be a known coach or a "WTH (Who The Hell) is That??"

Unfortunately he will probably be the latter, JMO. :banghead2:

You already know the answer to this so why ask? We're not the school that's going out and getting the big name. Just not what we do.

We will probably pay some guy 1.5 that coached at some small school or an assistant at a big school! Tennessee is way too predictable. I don't understand why Tennessee goes second rate when we have proved that we will spend the money filling up the arenas and stadiums. Somebody is pocketing a crap load of money with Dave Old Fart.

Reactions: 1 person
It will be who in the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF is he, and then Hart will say what a upcoming coach he is and a far of distance kin of John Wooden, thats what we will hear, start at the ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffing top and clean house and go get a real AD, thats what we should do.Let me run the show for 3 days the only one standing would be Coach Jones:) I dont mean just get Hart get his Boss plus his Boss plus his Boss you get the point We are TENNESSEE we deserve better, this is BS think this time Hart will do a free background check on his computer or just take Jimmy Joe Blows word, he is a fffffffffffffffffing joke when you clean house you got to do more than just wash the dishes.:eek:hmy:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Rick Barnes or Steve Lavin maybe

I know Barnes has piled up a lot of wins at Texas, but in the same time that he's taken Texas to 2 Sweet 16s, our basketball program has to 5, with 3 different coaches. He does have an elite 8 and final 4, so maybe, I don't know. We'd have to pay him upwards of 3mm since he's already at 2.2; plus he'd also negotiate a huge buyout that we'd be on the hook for if he didn't work out.

I like Lavin, seems like a good dude, has had good success at UCLA and St Johns, but does he really move the needle as a "big name"? I don't know.

I'm sure either would do well here. I actually think we have a nice long list of names to look at this go round, from young energetic guys, to proven mid major guys to the "big names" you mentioned. We'll see.

Simple poll, will our next coach be a known coach or a "WTH (Who The Hell) is That??"

Unfortunately he will probably be the latter, JMO. :banghead2:

your problem is why would a known coach want to come here. It will take several years to rebuild. Our fans only give one year.

I really like Steve Prohm of Murray St. or Bobby Hurley of Buffalo. With Brad Underwood of Stephen F. Austin 3rd

UT has had a tradition for the past 25 years of hiring a nobody who then recruits 2-star players if he's lucky. And still we wonder why we can't beat KY. But hey, why mess with our winning formula???

your problem is why would a known coach want to come here. It will take several years to rebuild. Our fans only give one year.

This isn't football and do you mean the fanbase that averaged 15k+ attendance this season(13th in the nation and one of only 4 teams in the top 20 to have never made a final four) despite a .500 season and declining national relevance.

Last edited:
Rule out anyone who:

1. Has made the tourney.
2. Has any tidbit of name recognition.
3. Is wanted by another D1 basketball program.
4. Costs more than $1.5 million.

I'm being somewhat cynical but holding out hope that the powers that be don't give us a turd and call it cheesecake.

Reactions: 2 people
Look at our history and it will tell you that Hart is not the problem here. We have never ever gone the big time route with any sport. Always hired the up and comer in all sports, that is the way it is done here. Johnny Majors is the only coach we ever hired while they were on top anywhere big time. Will not happen now either. Powers that be will see to it.

VN Store

Back