Brad Underwood Thread

He looks like the guy from Doom.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
When he said "I lived in TX"... I knew it was over. IF Barnes is fired, Texas will hire him.

Brad Underwood (SFA) - Spread Offense vs Memphis - YouTube

Here is his offense if anyone is interested. It's not easy to defend. It's a fast pace motion with a lot of cutting, screening, and passing. It allows shooters to get open frequently. He would be the best offensive coach we have had in a long while. His team's rack up a ton of assist. They finished 1st this year in the NCAA (17 apg) and 8th last year (16 apg). This offense would be very appealing to guards with the amount of assist and open shots that this offense will create. I would love to see Hubbs in this sort of offense, along with Armani Moore.

I would love this hire but my only concern with him would be how well he can recruit?

When he said "I lived in TX"... I knew it was over. IF Barnes is fired, Texas will hire him.

Texas has the money and are in a way better spot to hire a big name coach like Marshall. I doubt Underwood would be very high on their list. Not to say he isn't a good coach, because he is but he's not a big enough name for them...yet.

Brad Underwood (SFA) - Spread Offense vs Memphis - YouTube

Here is his offense if anyone is interested. It's not easy to defend. It's a fast pace motion with a lot of cutting, screening, and passing. It allows shooters to get open frequently. He would be the best offensive coach we have had in a long while. His team's rack up a ton of assist. They finished 1st this year in the NCAA (17 apg) and 8th last year (16 apg). This offense would be very appealing to guards with the amount of assist and open shots that this offense will create. I would love to see Hubbs in this sort of offense, along with Armani Moore.

I would love this hire but my only concern with him would be how well he can recruit?

He might not be able to recruit big right off the bat, but if his system is effective, recruiting starts to take care of its self.

Texas has the money and are in a way better spot to hire a big name coach like Marshall. I doubt Underwood would be very high on their list. Not to say he isn't a good coach, because he is but he's not a big enough name for them...yet.

Nah, Texas is a football school. They'll find someone who doesn't want to be the "king" but who can get them to the dance.

Most best bball coaches go to a school where it's not football first. Lucky enough for us, we had BP to break that mentality... I think Marshall would turn them down.

The landscape is much different.

Brad Underwood beat Memphis, VCU, battled Texas 72-62 and has won championships at previous stops prior to SFA.

He has an overall record of 61-8 and schedules really well (something fans have complained about).

Seriously, if any of you guys checking this thread out want to know more about (hopefully soon to be head coach) Brad Underwood. Read this article, great coach and great with his choice of words (not slimy like Tyndall).

Former K-Stater Brad Underwood guides SFA to second straight NCAA tourney berth | Cjonline.com Mobile

Nah, Texas is a football school. They'll find someone who doesn't want to be the "king" but who can get them to the dance.

Most best bball coaches go to a school where it's not football first. Lucky enough for us, we had BP to break that mentality... I think Marshall would turn them down.

The landscape is much different.
Barnes is 11th in pay in college basketball. Football is their main sport but they do spend money in basketball as well. They'll be aiming much higher than us and it's most definitely a more attractive job than ours right now unfortunately.

I remember posting Brad Underwoods name all last year and everyone basically laughed at me because he had returning talent. The cool thing is, he lost a few players and still was able to guide SFA to a conference championship.

He's only lost one conference game in two years. That's crazy Idc how bad of conference it is winning every game but 1 is super inpressive!

He was a great recruiter for Frank Martin at K-State. I know a lot of K-State fans and they all want him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back