Top 2 not likely and our top 10 candidates

I hope Dave can swallow his pride and go back down south and try to work things out with Mike White. I watched La Tech embaress A&M on their home gym. Team played with crazy swagger and were really fun to watch.

Reactions: 1 person
I like Prohm for the long term roll of the dice and Byrd for a short term solution guaranteed. These two make sense so neither will get the nod.

Anyone but Hunter or Pitino from that list would be great. Especially Miller.

Please no. Do not want a bama boy. Not now. Not ever.

Would you have supported Cutcliffe as football coach? Bama boy. Would you have wanted Spurrier one day? Florida guy. Are we really going to be against a coach based on where he is from or went to school? Georgia's best football coach was alum of rival Auburn. Auburn's best football coach was alum of a rival. Indiana's greatest coach was an Ohio State guy. I want the best coach and best fit. Quite sure Prohm would give it all for UT bball because his career and a ton of $ depend on it

Reactions: 3 people
Chris Holtmann. Rick Barnes or Steve Lavin. Any order. Northern Iowa coach maybe. I would be fine with. Anything else isn't good enough.

After reading various reports on the coaching search it's pretty clear our admin will not pay the $$ to hire a top tier basketball coach. :sad: :no: Bargain basement, here we come ! :shakehead:

Last edited:
I hope Dave can swallow his pride and go back down south and try to work things out with Mike White. I watched La Tech embaress A&M on their home gym. Team played with crazy swagger and were really fun to watch.

You mean in the NIT?

Years ago, while Hammy screwed up getting Gregg Marshall twice, I would say go get him. However, to get him, the realistic price now is probably 3.5 million.

Former Vol Lang Wiseman said it best, "You're going to have to upscale if you want to be a top-tier program. Just like anything else in life, you get what you pay for."

I liked him when they hired Bruce. I really wanted him when they hired Cuonzo. I prayed for him when we hired Donnie. And doggone it, I am screaming for him now. I don't care if we get in a bidding war with Bama. I don't care what it costs. And I really don't care if he doesn't serve pizza to the student section, or isn't the nicest guy out there who gets in friend fests with the fans and boosters. Of all the options out there, this is the choice that tells me Tennessee is all in on basketball. He recruits well, gets the most out of his players, has no NCAA issues, the man wins basketball games, and he will fill TBA. I say again, go get him. Nay sayers, flame on.

Reactions: 4 people
Would you have supported Cutcliffe as football coach? Bama boy. Would you have wanted Spurrier one day? Florida guy. Are we really going to be against a coach based on where he is from or went to school? Georgia's best football coach was alum of rival Auburn. Auburn's best football coach was alum of a rival. Indiana's greatest coach was an Ohio State guy. I want the best coach and best fit. Quite sure Prohm would give it all for UT bball because his career and a ton of $ depend on it

I don't want a bamer. Cutcliffe wasn't the head man. I am ok with anybody else. Hart and Battle were bamers and look where that got us.

Since we share the same last name, there can be no other serious candidate other than Brad Underwood! :thumbsup:

Seriously, I have no clue about who is the best candidate, but his record at SFA is incredible for anyone at the college level. I know he is short on HC experience, but would not mind taking this guy if some of the others turn us down.

Reactions: 2 people
Elston Turner. Austin East all state. Wanted to go to UT but no one offered him. Solid NBA career. Long time NBA assistant coach and is always mentioned when there's an NBA HC opening.

VN Store

Back