Butler coach interested

@dandakich: If Tennessee was smart (debatable) they'd offer Chris Holtman whatever they can and hope he sez yes

What am I missing here? Who believes that Holtmann is a good hire and why? I'm genuinely curious.

@dandakich: If Tennessee was smart (debatable) they'd offer Chris Holtman whatever they can and hope he sez yes

What am I missing here? Who believes that Holtmann is a good hire and why? I'm genuinely curious.

Research his coaching resume and it will be obvious.

Seems to have a very good reputation (needed), strong recruiter (needed) and an excellent defensive tactical coach - at least according to Wikipedia. :) Sounds good to me - sign him up and get to work.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
67-65? Has 4 years of head coaching experience? What am I missing?

I did a Google search on him and found quite a bit of info. Wikipedia has in depth stats and quotes from other coaches and ADs that he has worked with. Everyone has high praise for him. I would be happy with it.

Reactions: 1 person
I did a Google search on him and found quite a bit of info. Wikipedia has in depth stats and quotes from other coaches and ADs that he has worked with. Everyone has high praise for him. I would be happy with it.

Well he seems like the guy that we love. He could be great or he could be a dud. Time will tell if he is hired.

I must be missing something. I thought that style took us to the sweet sixteen with Martin.

Come on now, how many posts have you seen this year alone saying "I don't care if we're losing, this is more fun to watch." D.T. was brought in to run the press, and built the roster to run the press. I'm not sure how many players on the current roster could even function in a half court set. It would be a complete rebuild.

That being said, he would be an excellent hire, but I like his style of play, many on here do not.

Remember that Holtmann was the interim until January. He apparently signed a deal, but it wasn't very lucrative. My guess is any offer from UT is well above what he is making.

I heard Gary Parrish tonight, and he threw out three names: Richard Pitino, Holtmann, and Andy Kennedy. He said that Pitino is a young coach in a league with great coaches and may need a change of scenery. He talked about Barnes and figured he was probably done at Texas and said that he could be interesting for UT.

Remember that Holtmann was the interim until January. He apparently signed a deal, but it wasn't very lucrative. My guess is any offer from UT is well above what he is making.

I heard Gary Parrish tonight, and he threw out three names: Richard Pitino, Holtmann, and Andy Kennedy. He said that Pitino is a young coach in a league with great coaches and may need a change of scenery. He talked about Barnes and figured he was probably done at Texas and said that he could be interesting for UT.
How does Andy Kennedy fit here. Seems he is doing well at OM

How does Andy Kennedy fit here. Seems he is doing well at OM

I am not sure we would go that route. But he has been at OM for 9 years, and I think he has only been to 2 NCAAT's. His seat was warm a few seasons ago and another mediocre year may put him back on. I think he loses several key players. As a coach, it's all about resetting your career.

Andy Kennedy?!?!

I don't get that move from either party's perspective, but I can say I absolutely hate watching his teams play. No discipline.

VN Store

Back