Body Language of Dave Hart Presser

Dougie_D

I'm not a lie detector, but maybe some of you are?

This is what I gathered by the way he answered some questions.

1. He is embarrassed by the Tyndall hire more than people think.
2. Money will not be a problem this time around
3. It's not going to be an assistant or an up and comer.
4. The fact that they are hiring a search firm and he repeatedly said that the background checks will be no difference, seems to be we are looking at candidates that are currently looking to get out of their current job. Think Buzz Williams when he suddenly jump ship to VT.
5. We WILL definitely limit our search. When the question was asked, he looked down way too much and he then praised the fact that some coaches came from mid-majors ("where did Calapari, Butch, Bruce, Donovan come from?)

I really think we go after someone in the Butler, Xavier, range.

Reactions: 1 person

4. The fact that they are hiring a search firm and he repeatedly said that the background checks will be no difference, seems to be we are looking at candidates that are currently looking to get out of their current job. Think Buzz Williams when he suddenly jump ship to VT.
5. We WILL definitely limit our search. When the question was asked, he looked down way too much and he then praised the fact that some coaches came from mid-majors ("where did Calapari, Butch, Bruce, Donovan come from?)

I figured he knows that it has to be a good one. One that will stay around, not just say it, and one that will be clean and legitimately honest. I think it's going to be a mix between Martin and Pearl in that he will want to be involved in more than just coaching basketball, but he won't jump up and down looking like a fool, and won't take any crap. I know that sounds kind of vague, but I think Hart knows all the exact qualities and will make absolutely certain it will be the man. Nothing will be rushed. I trust this hire 100%.

I agree that this most likely embarrassed Hart and it will make him more likely to pay up . If there's ever a time our AD will spend for a basketball coach , this is it

2. If true, then make Archie Miller say no.

I live in Dayton. The university was smart to lock him down because he's putting the Flyers back on the map. I guess a lot more money could sway him, but I'm hearing he's in for the long haul unless Pitt or Indiana come calling.

I agree that this most likely embarrassed Hart and it will make him more likely to pay up . If there's ever a time our AD will spend for a basketball coach , this is it

Agree but before Hart offers, this time he should hire a PI to do a thorough background check. Not just last minute phone calls like the last time.

I got the impression that were looking to hire somebody that has a terrific basketball background and he will be run through the mill to make sure he has nothing in his past. It might be a mid-major guy but I bet he will have won his league two or three times.

1. Ewww- you watched his body?
2. All of the things you list came from the words out of his mouth and not body language.

Jamie Dixon could fit #4?

He should be embarrassed and looking for his retirement check, IMO.

Otherwise, as far as #4 goes, I am on board with the no assistant part, but I hope he doesn't completely shut out some of the up and comers because there is some real quality out there for someone to find.

Reactions: 2 people
I have a middle finger that is talking to Tyndall, Hart, the ncaa, and anyone else involved in this fiasco.

I hope you're right, but I think your glass is even more than half-full.
I'll believe we'll hire a good, established coach when I see it. Hart also discussed how much harder it has gotten to pull guys from smaller jobs.

Diamond Dave's butt was so tight.....

If you inserted a quarter into his crack, he could have ground it down to a dime

VN Store

Back