Rick Barnes thread (merged) (expected to be named TN coach 3/30 4:00pm)

Would a Rick Barnes hire make you happy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
NO! Dude is past his prime and washed up. He has lost the fire it would take to rebuild this program. He's just like Fulmer was in his last few years.

I...I just have no words for this.

I'm reminded of the caller on WNML this morning that suggested we just call Brad Stevens if we can't get Greg Marshall.

Reactions: 9 people

I'm reminded of the caller on WNML this morning that suggested we just call Brad Stevens if we can't get Greg Marshall.

He must have forgotten about Calipari and Coach K.

He hasn't done much in the past 4-5 years but if you want someone to help stabilize and at least not have any wacky flows then Barnes may be it. Honestly I don't know if a mid major coach or Barnes is better?

Reactions: 1 person

And why are you at a loss of words? What I said is absolutely true. Barnes just doesn't have it anymore. He has underachieved his entire career. He doesn't get the most out of his players. He's just been going threw the motions for years now. He's not the coach to rebuild our program. Yeah he has a good record and goes to the tournament every year. It's what he doesn't do that is the biggest concern.

And why are you at a loss of words? What I said is absolutely true. Barnes just doesn't have it anymore. He has underachieved his entire career. He doesn't get the most out of his players. He's just been going threw the motions for years now. He's not the coach to rebuild our program. Yeah he has a good record and goes to the tournament every year. It's what he doesn't do that is the biggest concern.

Yeah it would suck to have a coach that goes to the tourney every year, that happens to bring in 4 and 5 stars like crazy and tons of lotto picks. I would hate for Tennessee to have a coach that does that.

If we want to be good within a couple of years then we hire Barnes. If we want to survive a rebuild for 3-5 years and hope a mid major coach can help us then we hire a Will Wade or Underwood.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah it would suck to have a coach that goes to the tourney every year, that happens to bring in 4 and 5 stars like crazy and tons of lotto picks. I would hate for Tennessee to have a coach that does that.

What good is it if he gets outcoached and underperforms year in and year out in the tournament? He's the Dabo Sweeney of college basketball.

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism

VN Store

Back