Jeff Goodman Weighs in on Firing

I like CDT as a person. But with his track record he does not deserve another coaching gig right away. Two failed jobs at the helm has in my opinion put a dark cloud over his ability to lead a program. Should he get another shot? Yes. But not right away. I think he deserves a showcause at this point. Then serve as an assistant somewhere again first.

I like CDT as a person. But with his track record he does not deserve another coaching gig right away. Two failed jobs at the helm has in my opinion put a dark cloud over his ability to lead a program. Should he get another shot? Yes. But not right away. I think he deserves a showcause at this point. Then serve as an assistant somewhere again first.

He didn't fail at any of his jobs based on his results. I don't condone cheating, but this type of stuff happens at many places.

For Tyndall, it could be a career killer. Wasn't for Pearl.

He didn't fail at any of his jobs based on his results. I don't condone cheating, but this type of stuff happens at many places.

For Tyndall, it could be a career killer. Wasn't for Pearl.

Tyndall will find his way back. He's fairly young. He'll have to start at the OVC level again or lower and keep his nose clean, but someone will hire him.

The best-case scenario for Tyndall after his suspension is up is to either hope someone on the level of a Gardner-Webb takes a chance on him or to latch on as an assistant with a lower-level Power 5 team or a high-end mid-major. Can't think of anything realistic that would be better.

Sorry but yes he did fail. He failed to run the program properly. He won some games. But he failed at leadership.

VN Store

Back