Something to actually applaud Dave Hart

DeepSpringsVol

Getting to prominence will take time.
I preface the following with I understand Dave Hart has his faults that we can all point to, as all men have their shortcomings. (All of ours are less as his being a BAMMER is a monstrous fault) :)However if this termination of Donnie Tyndall is made. Thankfully drawing up a contract to fire without a buyout as Pearl got from previous regime under Mike Hamilton.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I preface the following with I understand Dave Hart has his faults that we can all point to, as all men have their shortcomings. (All of our ate less as being a BAMMER is a monstrous fault) :)However there if this termination of Donnie Tyndall is made. Thankfully drawing up a contract to fire without a buyout as Pearl got from previous regime under Mike Hamilton.

Pearl's buyout was peanuts compared to total salaries these days. The reason you agree to some sort of buyout is to create a clean break. The coach will sign a release of claims saying he won't sue the university by taking the buyout.

Pearl's buyout was peanuts compared to total salaries these days. The reason you agree to some sort of buyout is to create a clean break. The coach will sign a release of claims saying he won't sue the university by taking the buyout.

I agree but if you get caught cheating and terminated you should get zero. Pearls I think was like $950k with health coverage for a year. I could be wrong on those numbers.

I agree but if you get caught cheating and terminated you should get zero. Pearls I think was like $950k with health coverage for a year. I could be wrong on those numbers.

Sounds about right. But he is not an at will employee- he had a contract. At-will employees can be terminated at any time as long as you don't discriminate. I guarantee you that UT's legal counsel was advising Hamilton. Wasn't entirely his call.

Part of that too for Pearl was for what he had done for the University. Six straight years in the NCAA's.

I preface the following with I understand Dave Hart has his faults that we can all point to, as all men have their shortcomings. (All of ours are less as his being a BAMMER is a monstrous fault) :)However if this termination of Donnie Tyndall is made. Thankfully drawing up a contract to fire without a buyout as Pearl got from previous regime under Mike Hamilton.

Not really that simple - Termination of CDT based upon "allegations" made by an NCAA investigator in a telephone conference with an AD would be interesting to put it mildly ----- Many capable attorneys would have a field day with that.

If Tyndall is blown out on Friday there will likely be either a mutually agreeable "settlement" of his buyout or yet another ugly and costly law suit against the university.

You could also say Dave hart put that in the contract to save his own a$$, since he didn't spend but about 3 hours researching and interviewing DT after LaTech turned his a$$ down. An AD that hires any coach and has to fire him 10 months later didn't do his job and should be sent out the door as well. JMO

Reactions: 3 people
You could also say Dave hart put that in the contract to save his own a$$, since he didn't spend but about 3 hours researching and interviewing DT after LaTech turned his a$$ down. An AD that hires any coach and has to fire him 10 months later didn't do his job and should be sent out the door as well. JMO

If Tyndall goes then Dave worst dye job ever Hart should be on the next train out of the station followed shortly by Jimmy "booger eater" Cheek.

Reactions: 5 people
If you recall Dave fell a$$ backwards into butch jones. He was told no 3 or 4 times before getting CBJ.

I'm pretty sure the only legit candidate to turn us down was Charlie Strong. I'm not saying Dave Hart is perfect but I just don't get the extreme hatred some people have for him.

I'm pretty sure the only legit candidate to turn us down was Charlie Strong. I'm not saying Dave Hart is perfect but I just don't get the extreme hatred some people have for him.

I don't have extreme hatred for him, nor do I hate him for being Bama Dave to be honest. I just think he botched this hire completely. jmo

I still don't understand the hatred for Dave Hart. He's done a great job imo. You can't fault him for firing Tyndall if the NCAA comes down hard. Its just silly.

Reactions: 5 people
I don't have extreme hatred for him, nor do I hate him for being Bama Dave to be honest. I just think he botched this hire completely. jmo

Well it's not like during the interview Tyndall was like....Dave, listen I know the Ncaa and Southern Miss told you I was good to go but....the fact of the matter is that some stuff is fixing to go down for some violations I did here. And then Hart responded who cares let's hire you anyway.

Well it's not like during the interview Tyndall was like....Dave, listen I know the Ncaa and Southern Miss told you I was good to go but....the fact of the matter is that some stuff is fixing to go down for some violations I did here. And then Hart responded who cares let's hire you anyway.

Right?

Instead people be like, "FIRE DAVE! HE AIN'T NO GUUD!"

It gets old.

Reactions: 2 people

It's like they're pissed off that he wasn't psychic. I just don't get it.

Hartless has done nothing for our University he actually back into Butch, after his other choices ran away as fast as they could. Butch really wanted to B here, and we are grateful for that. Make a list of what he has really done, and how he is hurting us. He has been accused of hidng info on disipline, had closed doir meetings, had off campus meetings, lied about paoerwork, between Nike and himself, that there was none, it was all on the phone. Knox news sentinel had to get them and publish for us to read. hasn't rebuilt football,Butch hard work is doing that, he hasn't helped basketball,baseball, etc. Now what a lot of men especially don't want to hear is how he is tearing the Lady's programs down. They work just as hard to achieve their goals as the men, but Hart, Cheek, and who ever else is involved, doesn't want to understand this. What would be said if he was trying to take away the men's idenity, and treat them as if they were 2nd best in any sport . I assume close to a fan riot. This is exactly what he is doing to the Lady's Programs. They are proud of their idenity, and so are we. Why isn't he ? They have earned , and deserve to be called Lady Vols forever. It is a well respected name world wide, because of Pat. I hope Donnie is able to weather this storm.For the damage already done ,Hart and his minions need to go, ASAP before he destroys our University, and we never dig our way out

If you recall Dave fell a$$ backwards into butch jones. He was told no 3 or 4 times before getting CBJ.

your right CBJ wasn't in Bama Daves top 4 or 5

and don't forget that he dismantled Dooleys defense,when he told Wilcox and company no contract extensions over a year

then surprise,Sal from Bama got a contract,a Bama linebackers coach for DC

It's like they're pissed off that he wasn't psychic. I just don't get it.

He isn't psychic. But he does have access to hundreds of sources past anything we get on here. Someone knew what Tyndall did at So Miss, and I believe Hart could of found that out.

He isn't psychic. But he does have access to hundreds of sources past anything we get on here. Someone knew what Tyndall did at So Miss, and I believe Hart could of found that out.

Dave Hart is a prideful jerk!!!! He should be fired if Donnie needed to go. His quote in look for a coach. " I have a level of knowledge that no one else has." That level of knowlege should have helped him see that DT was going to be in trouble with the NCAA. He should be fired for being a lying bama loving jerk!!! Not to mention his needless fight with the Lady Vol fans. You can be one Tennessee and call your women's teams Lady Vols. He lucked into Butch Jones, He lucked into his shoe polish hair dye, and he will more than likely luck into keeping his job.

VN Store

Back