NCAA meeting with UT admin today

Reactions: 5 people
How can you determine that it doesn't sound good? Apparently many people, including influential boosters, like him and want to keep him. I would say that is not bad.

We want to keep him, but a lot of the talking heads close to the program are saying it's not looking good. That's why I say it's not looking good

Reactions: 2 people
It seems almost all speculation is negative at this point so I doubt CDT is our coach next year but either way I'm glad we will finally have some resolution on this so we can get back to recruiting and building without the NCAA black cloud hanging around.

Reactions: 6 people
I'm wondering if the NCAA gives us an ultimatum. If you fire coach, you get these punishments, if you keep him, you get these kind of scenario.

If he's suspended and we get hit with recruiting sanctions and/or loss of scholarships, I don't see how we can keep him.

I'm wondering if the NCAA gives us an ultimatum. If you fire coach, you get these punishments, if you keep him, you get these kind of scenario.

If he's suspended and we get hit with recruiting sanctions and/or loss of scholarships, I don't see how we can keep him.

They can't punish Tennessee. The allegations have nothing to do with us. The only thing they can do is punish Tyndall with suspensions or show cause. TN then has to decide if we wait out the suspensions or move on.

Reactions: 11 people

We aren't involved in any violations. Only Tyndall can be sanctioned.

Reactions: 3 people
We aren't involved in any violations. Only Tyndall can be sanctioned.

That's what I thought also, but all of the talking heads media around the area and on Twitter are discussing the possible recruiting sanctions we could be hit with for this.

Unless they just mean restricting Tyndall from being able to recruit any players off campus or something like that

No matter what happens to DT, Hart should be politely asked to get the hell out of Tennessee. :furious3:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 12 people
It will be interesting to see what the NCAA does. They basically gave Boehim a slap on the wrist for multiple violations over a long period of time. With the way they hand out punishment, expect the unexpected. Still, remember that Tyndall has the UT brass on his side. Pearl didn't. Unless the NCAA makes it where he can't be effective then he'll still be UT's coach.

NCAA will discuss the "allegations" of Tyndall's conduct at S Miss with UT....

Interesting - why not just release the "Notice of Allegations" and let the University respond at the prescribed time? Why??? Does anyone know the answer???

Because the "curtain" has been pulled back for all to see how corrupt the NCAA really is with the release of the documents surrounding the Todd McNair USC defamation case....... The NCAA wants UT to do their dirty work for them because they (the NCAA) probably can't prove any of the allegations.....

I would tell the NCAA to "put up or shut up".

Last edited:

Interesting - why not just release the "Notice of Allegations" and let the University respond at the prescribed time? Why??? Does anyone know the answer???

Because the "curtain" has been pulled back for all to see how corrupt the NCAA really is with the release of the documents surrounding the Todd McNair USC defamation case....... The NCAA wants UT to do their dirty work for them because they (the NCAA) probably can't prove any of the allegations.....

They always notify the school before making the NOA public domain.

Thinking you are right. I really want UT to fight NCAA and embarrass them.

Reactions: 3 people
We want to keep him, but a lot of the talking heads close to the program are saying it's not looking good. That's why I say it's not looking good

I didn't interpret that from Parrish as being anything new. Talking heads make money by "talking" and creating discussion. I liked to read that our administration and even boosters want Tyndall because I am not sure I have read that before.

I have a feeling he will get hammered. UT basketball isn't a protected entity in the eyes of the NCAA.

I didn't interpret that from Parrish as being anything new. Talking heads make money by "talking" and creating discussion. I liked to read that our administration and even boosters want Tyndall because I am not sure I have read that before.

True, but have you ever heard that Admin wanted the coach gone before it actually happened? Of course we want him to stay, for the stability of our program, and we really don't want to do another coaching search.

But, if they hamstring us with penalties, show cause, or suspensions. Our hands may be completely tied...

Several media members are saying new info came out this week, and that they are expecting Tyndall to be terminated, sooner rather than later.

Reactions: 1 person
True, but have you ever heard that Admin wanted the coach gone before it actually happened? Of course we want him to stay, for the stability of our program, and we really don't want to do another coaching search.

But, if they hamstring us with penalties, show cause, or suspensions. Our hands may be completely tied...

No, but you don't specifically read that they want to keep him, especially boosters. If they don't care about keeping him, then nothing is said at all. They stay silent on the issue.

If he just receives a suspension, then I believe he will be out coach. We can handle a 5-10 game suspension just fine. They can't do anything else to the school because they aren't investigating UT.

Several media members are saying new info came out this week, and that they are expecting Tyndall to be terminated, sooner rather than later.

Who said that? I have been listening all day and haven't heard that

VN Store

Back